PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Vs Bush right now is No Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I am so sick of the media all over Bush.....They even start trying to cover his overhyped NFL entry by referring to Total Yards. Maroney has clearly been the best rookie RB and I'm glad we got him. Good to see our Offense get in rhythym with Gabriel showing he can be a a solid WR. If Jackson can get healthy and get into the flow on Offense I feel like our Offense can compete.

watched a good part of the Saints game today and Bush had his hands full with the Carolina defense but he still looks tentative at times and Maroney looks like he could break one on any play.

And while most of the country thought that Bush was the best back in the draft, there were quite a few that said that Lawrence Maroney was even better.....

Maroney is friggin nasty. Would be tacklers just fall right off of him, it's insane.

I think it's just absolutely amazing that without a pick in the top 20, we very well might have gotten the best RB in the draft and the best WR in the draft.

Maroneys game translates better to the NFL, Bush got by in college being fast and making guys miss, and that's not saying he isn't a great back but he needs to adjust his game. I think once Bush figures out how to play in this league, maybe puts on 10-15 pounds, he'll be a much better back, that and if the Saints O-line can learn to block on those stretch plays. Maroney is the better back as of now though, no question.

SCPatBoy said:
I am so sick of the media all over Bush.....They even start trying to cover his overhyped NFL entry by referring to Total Yards. Maroney has clearly been the best rookie RB and I'm glad we got him. Good to see our Offense get in rhythym with Gabriel showing he can be a a solid WR. If Jackson can get healthy and get into the flow on Offense I feel like our Offense can compete.
oh please. now i'm a huge pats fan. but where was this thread last week? maroney had an awesome game but i need to see consistency. i would like to see the pats use his speed to get around the outside edge more, but today the inside runs eventually worked in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. let's see how the pats do against good fast linebackers beofre we make a judgment. bush has been just as good as maroney. he's been more of a factor in the passing game. maroney runs with more power at times using the stiff arm etc.

now if we are going to compare value where they were picked in the draft, maroney is the right choice, that's a no-brainer.

I will say I am very grateful that Reggie Bush has taken custody of the Diet Pepsi Machine commercials....that damn machine killed us last year.;)

MrBigglesWorth said:
oh please. now i'm a huge pats fan. but where was this thread last week? maroney had an awesome game but i need to see consistency. i would like to see the pats use his speed to get around the outside edge more, but today the inside runs eventually worked in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. let's see how the pats do against good fast linebackers beofre we make a judgment. bush has been just as good as maroney. he's been more of a factor in the passing game. maroney runs with more power at times using the stiff arm etc.

now if we are going to compare value where they were picked in the draft, maroney is the right choice, that's a no-brainer.

I think 3 good games out of 4 is pretty consistent for a rookie running back. Buffalo has a good, fast set of linebackers. And we never play well against Denver, the whole team played poorly, especially the offensive line.

zippo59 said:
I think 3 good games out of 4 is pretty consistent for a rookie running back. Buffalo has a good, fast set of linebackers. And we never play well against Denver, the whole team played poorly, especially the offensive line.
i'm not saying it's bad. i'm just saying maroney is not blowing bush away. i'd say they are two very solid players and time will tell

Maroney has 30 more yards than Bush this year.
(Plus 3 tds!!)
It is a long season.
Glad we made the right choice so far.
Hope he gets ROTW.
Then ROTY

jct said:
(Plus 3 tds!!)
It is a long season.
Hope he gets ROTW.
Then ROTY
you play fantasy football huh? i'm trying to give it up. i only did one league this year and decided to use a pats player at every position to destroy the credibililty of ffl. now i can just cheer for the pats.

I feel pretty good about Maroney right now. It feels great to think we may have gotten the equivalent of the #1 pick in this years draft.

add me to the "its kinda opportunistic to post this right now after his best game" side.

I think relative to expectations and hype Maroney has blown Bush away. But Bush has been a very good receiver. I just don't think he's that good of a hand-off back but who knows in the future.

Who cares? Maroney is working for us and that's all that counts.

Bush does play for the freakin' Saints, so he's at a bit of a disadvantage in the support side.

onegameatatime said:
Who cares? Maroney is working for us and that's all that counts.

Bush does play for the freakin' Saints, so he's at a bit of a disadvantage in the support side.

The Saints are 3-1. I'm not saying they're great but they're not the Aint's of years past.

If Maroney isnt Rookie of the Week for this week, I will be shocked. Actually no I wouldnt even be shocked if they put Reggie Bush in the poll again...

Maroney is amazing. I love our running game!

Maroney is doing awesome right now but to compare the 2 seems a bit harsh...Our O-Line blocks better than N.O,Our TEs block better than N.O...If Bush was here he would probably be similar in statistics,but thats hard to say,I think they are both promising good backs.

Maroney had the best day, although Addai has looked pretty good for the Colts. This week was not the best test as the Jets are a bit weak against the run. Then again, Cincy has been too -- the Steelers ran all over the last week and lost when they passed and had turnovers.

jct said:
(Plus 3 tds!!)
It is a long season.
Hope he gets ROTW.
Then ROTY

But we didn't make a chocie. If Reggie Bush and Maroney were both available when it was our turn to pick, we would have taken Bush.

Maroney's been great thus far, but these threads are nothing but emotional babble. Wait until about week ten to start comparing rookies.

Also, Bush has value that doesn't translate to stats. If anyone else has been watching the Saints game, you'd see that Bush is the most valuable decoy there is. The D just keys in on him, and opens the field up. The double reverse earlier this season was a testemant to that.

Last edited:
The decoy stuff is laughable....When Bush was coming out he was labled as a once in a lifetime player, someone you cant pass on because he is so special. The talk was that barring injury his speed an elusiveness would be just as dominant in the NFL as college........So as it turns out his speed and elusiveness hasn't been that dominant in the NFL, so then the Media who appointed Bush the second coming of Gale Sayers starts with the look at his Total yards...kick returns etc....And now we have come to His impact as a decoy is so instrumental to the success of the Saints...I call BS on all that talk. I'm not saying Bush is awful or won't be good. But his performance hasn't lived up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes