PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Traded - No Mankins deal - what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that if he is on the roster for week 1 and he is a vested (whatever that means) veteran his contract is guaranteed. I don't know if Murrell is a vested vet or not but it is the week 1 game that guarantees the salary, not week 2 or beyond. It would seem to me that his contract, for this year, is guaranteed.

That's my understanding as well. Don't understand those claiming otherwise unless it's a function of the # of years in the league or some other variable. Please correct me if I'm wrong people.

Rappaport hearing
Probably murrell but not definite.

I have to believe it will be Murrell. They have no depth at OLB.

Why would they release Murrell and bring him right back? Unless it's like what they were trying to do with TBC last year and extend the deal.

Also let me get this straight... we have two roster spots open now with the Maroney trade and Murrell release, correct? Or did something else happen that I don't see anywhere?

One of the reasons I long ago gave up on Maroney becoming good (never mind great) is that he isn't even fast. His speed on draft day was much ballyhooed, but he was about as fast as Guyton. (I'll give him faster than Spikes.)

One of the reasons I long ago gave up on Maroney becoming good (never mind great) is that he isn't even fast. His speed on draft day was much ballyhooed, but he was about as fast as Guyton. (I'll give him faster than Spikes.)

This I was unaware of. I was always under the impression he could fly.

Why would they release Murrell and bring him right back? Unless it's like what they were trying to do with TBC last year and extend the deal.

Also let me get this straight... we have two roster spots open now with the Maroney trade and Murrell release, correct? Or did something else happen that I don't see anywhere?

They cut Murrell to make room for Ojinnaka. Assuming they were working on the Maroney trade at that time, they may have told Murrell to sit tight until they opened the roster spot. Until they resign Murrell or sign someone else they have one open roster spot.

Only one spot, Ojinnaka came off suspension this week.

SSDD

I believe Okijana (forgive my spelling) came off suspension so he took one of the two roster spots. If we did not release Murrell than Okijana could not have come back. So now that Maroney is traded, Murrell (or Crable) can join again.

Yeah, completely forgot about Ojjinaka. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back