PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney talks about 'issues'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he may have ripped a nut to me. An injury that he doesn't want to talk about.

Wow he should not speak to the media. His dancing has carried from the field to his interviews.

LOL, good one, Laura the dancing ballerina, on and off the field, boy he can spin, he looks good, fresh, healthy and well rested.

Maroney is put in a difficult position talking to the press. You know, he knows that he absolutely cannot say ANYTHING about ANY injury. Therefore just having a conversation makes him look like a fool. I liked his answer that even if Reiss hit paydirt he'd say "No". It was honest.

If you as a fan cannot handle this coach imposed policy, may I suggest the JETS or someone else as your team?

So I can't be a Patriots fan anymore?

:rofl: To funny dude.

The Pats didn't sign Morris and Jordan because they want Maroney to fail. And if Maroney was insulted by the signings, than he clearly needs to go.
???? Sometimes it helps to actually read the interview before commenting on it.

maybe he was hungover from a long week of partying in San Fran, he looked like he was running drunk.

I'm over this kid and this interview seals the deal.

I don't know if he needs to check his ego at the door or retire so he can protect his body.

The Pats didn't sign Morris and Jordan because they want Maroney to fail. And if Maroney was insulted by the signings, than he clearly needs to go. Fact of the matter is, he isn't producing. No one can really say why he isn't producing and he said he wouldn't admit it if we guessed correctly.

All I know is he runs to the line of scrimmage and dances around looking for a hole. His ol' teammate Barber nails the hole and I wish he would take that mindset.

The whole interview sounds like a whiny little baby. Dump him. Let him figure out his "issues" and replace him with someone that wants to play football!

We must have read two different transcriptions of that interview...but I'm guessing it wouldn't be the first time.

BB expects guys to play hurt (as opposed to injured) without hinting at what their issues might be. It's tough to do that in a town like this.

I expected the 'no comment' replies about any injury-related questions, but I thought he came across as very defensive ("Is that what they said? What did the fans say? Let me know.”) As somebody else mentioned, it makes me wonder why Maroney even did the interview based on how he came across; he raised more questions than he answered. What's the point of agreeing to an interview and then just saying 'I'd rather not speak'? He'd have been better off simply saying 'I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do any interviews right now; I have my reasons but I can't get in to them right now.'
if you note,most pats players who are injured dont talk to the media. seems like maroney wants to play with the injury.
i remember phil simms on more than one radio show when asked about LT not playing in the AFCCG said that BB once told him that RB is the toughest position play if you are not a 100 % because there is so much collision and so much indecisiveness which can come into a player who is hurt that its hard to be effective.
Remember , this guy was awesome in his first yr. Just hasnt developed. Also our offense has changed somewhat since than too.

His issue could be his vision as he fails to see some holes he may be lacking that field vision needed to see the hole. You need see-think-do all in a split second to run the ball if he is having trouble with seeing or think while on the field then he can't do. At the end of last season he had great vision for seeing the hole then hitting it that may be gone and the only way it's gonna come back if to keep getting chances to get it back.

maybe he was hungover from a long week of partying in San Fran, he looked like he was running drunk.

He arrived in SF with the team on Friday night Briz...shoulda saved that snappy response for Monday if you need it.

He arrived in SF with the team on Friday night Briz...shoulda saved that snappy response for Monday if you need it.

wow you schooled me, one point for you MO.

ok he went out drinking Friday and Saturday night. Better? lol

Totally. Weird. Interview.

I think Maroney sounded fine. Obviously the questions were provoking and if the media remembers anything it should know that's about all you're going to get from anyone on this team.

He acknowledges he has an 'issue' and he says they're working on it-pretty much all we need to know :)

His issue could be his vision as he fails to see some holes he may be lacking that field vision needed to see the hole. You need see-think-do all in a split second to run the ball if he is having trouble with seeing or think while on the field then he can't do. At the end of last season he had great vision for seeing the hole then hitting it that may be gone and the only way it's gonna come back if to keep getting chances to get it back.

This is the only hope I have that Maroney will be on the team in 3 years.

Maybe they could get him the ball in the open field where ther are lots of holes?

The long ball to Moss worked great. Lets get Maroney a couple of screen play's and see what he can do with them.

You lived it, though.
“Not really. He really wasn’t yelling. I don’t know what he was saying. I really don’t remember. He really wasn’t yelling, though. TV is [tough], man.”

man if this was LT giving most of these answers, you guys would be killin him, especially about not lunging for a 1st down.....damn.

Last edited:
You'd think that after 2+ years if his coaches wanted him to "just hit the hole", they wouldn't keep playing him if he refused to or couldn't do it.

The issue is obviously the shoulder. He obviously can't talk about it or BB would kill him. It is what it is, hopefully that damn shoulder heals up sooner rather than later, or at least by playoff time.

So you are telling me that Bill and Scott knew this going into the season last year when they signed Morris to join Maroney, Faulk, and Eckel. And after last season, they knew going into this season that they needed LaMont Jordan to join Morris, Faulk and Maroney.

I'll be one of the first to agree that Bill likes competition on the roster, but at what point do we interpret this as Bill placing Maroney in the dog house? At which point do we get to talk about Maroney holding back on the field?

In any case, I hope his shoulder gets better and isn't the bust I am beginning to think he could be... and not because of his lack of talent.

So you are telling me that Bill and Scott knew this going into the season last year when they signed Morris to join Maroney, Faulk, and Eckel. And after last season, they knew going into this season that they needed LaMont Jordan to join Morris, Faulk and Maroney.

I'll be one of the first to agree that Bill likes competition on the roster, but at what point do we interpret this as Bill placing Maroney in the dog house? At which point do we get to talk about Maroney holding back on the field?

In any case, I hope his shoulder gets better and isn't the bust I am beginning to think he could be... and not because of his lack of talent.

BB knew that Maroney, Faulk and Morris ALL had missed significant time due to injuries. He simply added Jordan as injury insurance. It's the simplest, most logical explanation.

???? Sometimes it helps to actually read the interview before commenting on it.

Go ahead and explain to me how I "didn't" read it.

Maybe we can go back and read what I was writing.

yeah yeah yeah...

Maroney doesn't want to talk about the injury... can't talk about the injury... and doesn't come across very forthcoming in the interview. YES I know the policy so take your finger away from the "reply" button.

It reads like sour grapes and I'm sure I would be just as sour about being injured as he comes across.

BUT to my point, I would be very disappointed if he has any "issues" with the acquisitions of Morris and Jordan. Furthermore, I hope he has no "issues" with the number of carries he is getting.

Amazing how he has a bum shoulder (according to the doctors on this board) and yet Bill calls his number to run up the middle. And I suppose his apprehension to running up the middle and dancing at the line of scrimmage is due his shouler too?

AND if this is the case, Bill gets some blame here, no?

BB knew that Maroney, Faulk and Morris ALL had missed significant time due to injuries. He simply added Jordan as injury insurance. It's the simplest, most logical explanation.

I totally accept that answer... but Pioli shot in the wrong direction getting a RB (Jordan) that hasn't been too healthy himself. I don't hate the signing because of Jordan's upside.

Go ahead and explain to me how I "didn't" read it.

Maybe we can go back and read what I was writing.

yeah yeah yeah...

Maroney doesn't want to talk about the injury... can't talk about the injury... and doesn't come across very forthcoming in the interview. YES I know the policy so take your finger away from the "reply" button.

It reads like sour grapes and I'm sure I would be just as sour about being injured as he comes across.

BUT to my point, I would be very disappointed if he has any "issues" with the acquisitions of Morris and Jordan. Furthermore, I hope he has no "issues" with the number of carries he is getting.

Amazing how he has a bum shoulder (according to the doctors on this board) and yet Bill calls his number to run up the middle. And I suppose his apprehension to running up the middle and dancing at the line of scrimmage is due his shouler too?

AND if this is the case, Bill gets some blame here, no?

No he has no shoulder problem at all, BB is just absolutely lying on the injury reports. It's absolutely amazing how you extrapolate his use of the word "issue" to mean he might be upset with the Morris and Jordan signings. But accuse him of lying when he's says he likes them and it keeps them all fresh.

We will begin to think he is in BB's doghouse when he stops getting reps, especially in meaningful games (see last year playoffs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes