PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney out

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually why the NFL has an injury report - for the bookies.

Bingo, it has nothing to do with the needs of the fans. The injury report benefits the other team, the bookies and the fantasy football players. BB uses this as a strategy to prepare his team and to prepare for a game, if it gives us any edge who gives an f... only one thing matters here, and all of the whining about how it cheats us fans is bullcrap.

Next thing fans will want is to review the game plan..

December 09, 2006
Maroney out
Rookie RB Laurence Maroney is out for Sunday's game, the Patriots announced tonight.

LB Eric Alexander, S Rashad Baker, WR Chad Jackson and OT Ryan O'Callaghan are also out.

More to come.

at this point I say give Bam Childress a chance

Nice to see our first rounders "representing" today. Chad Jackson is a bust. Hopefully Maroney returns next week.

Lets not forget all of the Fantasy Football geeks out there. These injury reports are vital to them:eek:

To me, knowing that Maroney was out or not doesn't change anything. In fact , I'd like it if they didn't announce it until 30 mins before the game. Sure I'd like to know, but I don't need to know and I certainly do not have a right to know.

In answer some questions about conditioning. There is an article in today's Portland Press Herald about Caldwell. Caldwell said the the conditioning is tougher than in SD and the practices are tougher than SD.

So, the question is: are our player over conditioned and are they practicing too hard that leads to injuries. I doubt it!

Looking back, it's kind of ironic.

Twelve months ago, we would all have been more than happy to have Dillon, Faulk and Pass healthy at the same time. Had that happened more in 2005, the Pats would have gotten a first round bye and been in far better position in the playoffs.

This is actually why the NFL has an injury report - for the bookies.

Hey don't forget the PatsFans.com predict the score contest brought to you by "alamo".....damn that BB...how am I suppossed to make my move on the top 10 with inaccurate injury reports? This is BS!!! Off with BB's head, I have earned the right....who am I kidding, I haven't "earned" anything but to expect Kraft puts a "product" on the field that in the organizations opinion gives the best chance for us to compete for the SB. The only thing I actually "care" about the injury report is that I feel bad for players like Seau who were giving thier all and get hurt like he did and "hopefully" miss out in playing and winning the SB with his team mates :D

Maroney out!
I see this as a clever, clever plan by that genius BB to eliminate Maroney's turnovers.

Always the assumption of conspiracy regarding BB and his injury reports. As likely as all the speculation regarding strategy, secrecy, manipulation...etc, is the fact that Maroney was legitimately day to day during the week and hasn't shown enough improvement to take a chance on him.

It isn't as though we lack offensive threats and are a listing ship with him out. We need him for the long haul and can ill afford losing him to IR in December. An ounce of prevention........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back