PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney on flare passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
He had a huge run on one, obviously uncovered, but they should have him available to go out all the time if he's not blocking. Adds a huge dimension to the offense if you can almost always pick up 4-10 yards with a pass to a RB in the flat.

He looked good blocking too.

He had a huge run on one, obviously uncovered, but they should have him available to go out all the time if he's not blocking. Adds a huge dimension to the offense if you can almost always pick up 4-10 yards with a pass to a RB in the flat.

He does a ton of things well.

Block, picking up blitz, running, accelerating, catching.

Its just when he has to run sometimes that he stumbles it seems. If theres no clear cut hole then he gets into trouble.

I'd like to see more of it.

Ditto, he's a weapon.

He does a ton of things well.

Block, picking up blitz, running, accelerating, catching.

Its just when he has to run sometimes that he stumbles it seems. If theres no clear cut hole then he gets into trouble.

I would agree that in the Ravens game he blocked and picked up blitzes well, but before that game he was horrible at that aspect of his game. it's good to see him make progress in that area because that means he can be out there taking a few of Faulks downs now. Nothing against Kevin, he's truely the unsung hero of the team, but if he's the only RB that can block it takes a lot of the mystery out of Pats backfield formations.

If he can have good hands on a consistent basis he could be another Brain Westbrook.
There I said it.

If he can have good hands on a consistent basis he could be another Brain Westbrook.
There I said it.

What a terrible thing to be!:singing:
Who want a RB that can rush for a 1000 and catch for a 1000 in a season?:D

i think so too, many plays before last night where they had maroney in on a pass play, and he was only supposed to block, so while brady was looking for reicevers maroney wwas just standing there, with the oline, usually having no one to block...

i think maroney just had to work on a lot of things, that why his time was limited, now he has pass protection down, and i think they will also add the part where if he has noone to block, he goes out for a pass, or even the bump procedure...

i think BB has been saving maroney, not to keep him fresh, but to make sure maroney is completely ready by the end of the season, and now, with 4 games left, we will start seeing more maroney

There I said it.

I'm not saying this can't happen, but for him to become Westbrook he has to start being much more elusive on carries. I'm rooting for him, I like him, but he looked bad too many times on Monday night, the one carry that really sticks out in my mind was the one where he turned around and was trying to push the pile forward with his back toward the LOS, in other words, pushing backward to go forward. He can't do that anymore, please make him stop.

I would agree that in the Ravens game he blocked and picked up blitzes well, but before that game he was horrible at that aspect of his game. it's good to see him make progress in that area because that means he can be out there taking a few of Faulks downs now. Nothing against Kevin, he's truely the unsung hero of the team, but if he's the only RB that can block it takes a lot of the mystery out of Pats backfield formations.

I agree, I was happy to see some progress both in blocking and in receiving. He didn't devestate blitzers but stood in there and that is half the battle, as a receiver I wouldn't call his routes precise but he caught the ball (#1 priority is to always catch the ball) and showed a great second gear in the open field.

He also ran hard, still too much dancing but he got some tough yards. No way the Pats win that game without his long receptions, I expect to see him get stronger as the season progresses. Look for big games against Miami, Jets and the Giants as the Patriots work on their power game.

Even if he is not Barry Sanders he adds an explosive option to the offense and if healthy will be a solid contributor in the playoffs. But this just in, the Patriots offense lives and breathes with #12's right arm so don't expect 20+ touches a game for Maroney.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye