PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney not playing becasue they dont need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think you are an idiot. I think you act like an idiot when you rip people for calling out Maroney.

Honestly , what has he done since last years playoff game vs the jets?

He did little to nothing since the playoffs last year

He was ineffective down the stretch last year because he was hurt

He has had major surgery

He has been ineffective do to injury

He has missed a lot of time due to injury ( that includes being pulled early from games)

He has one td in the best offense in NFL history

He did nothing tonight vs a team we could do anything we wanted to at will

He does not touch the rock as much as he should

He hurt his foot tonight. He came out early after doing nothing and getting hurt AGAIN

These are all things that are not "hating". They are questions that should be asked about our first round franchise running back.

He is still dancing at the line

He is sitting on the sideline yawning like he is on vacation etc etc

Danny believe me you are not the only guy feeling this way although a 3rd season under his belt in 2008 is needed to fully see what he has or has not and if he has another so so season in 2008 then 'Bust' is definately usable about this time NEXT year,But you are right in some ways he is not as important to this teams success THIS YEAR as most on here believe,if he was not on the roster this year I think we would still be 10-0,no doubt.

Most of the guys on here that agree with your observations of Lawrence don't have the balls to join in on the topic for fear of being bashed,I applaud your continued fight against others on it and don't let homers change anything
- Some homers here thought Bethel Johnson was still a great receiver after 2 years of showing nothing in the league,but because he was a Patirot they never called him crappy until he left for another team - ignore them.

Last edited:
You know damn well all week long he's going to be day to day! :rolleyes:

Not to mention, why should we relax. Maroney does nothing in a game then gets hurt and gets pulled AGAIN. This has been a constant issue since about week 13 LAST YEAR. How the hell can you not run the ball vs the bills in this offense?

People should be concerned. If faulk goes down we are in deep ****. The colts showed you how a passing game alone is not going to cut it.

Eckel and Evans cannot be full time backs.

Last edited:
Maroney is doing fine, he does not get a lot of carries, but this is a pass first offense. It should be a pass first offense, look how good they are. I am sick of the Maroney bashing on here, it is not called for and not helpfull. Do you guys really need to try to find something wrong every game? Why not just enjoy how good the team is, and all the records they can break. Nope, never happy unless there is something to ***** about. I go back to last year when some of you wanted Brady benched after the Jets loss. Just stop it.

Here we go again with the nonsense. Ok... by division, teams with #1 runners who haven't missed any games this season:

AFC East
None

AFC North
Ravens
Steelers

AFC South
Tennessee
Jacksonville

AFC West
San Diego

NFC East
Dallas

NFC North
Chicago

NFC South
Atlanta
Carolina (They baby Foster due to injury history)

NFC West
Arizona

So, in the entire league, fewer than half the teams (10) have made it with their #1 running back starting every game. As for tonight, unless someone here has talked to BB, nobody knows whether or not Maroney was kept out by design or due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes