PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney = Mvp, Maroney > Lt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing is that someone previously stated that your OLine owned our DLine, which was true in the second half. A TRUE zone blocking scheme would have been pushed back and ridden in one direction while the RB hits the open hole. I didn't see too much of that out of the Pats. I'm sorry for my ignorance but it didn't look at all like a zone blocking scheme to me.

You just don't know what you are talking about.

You are thinking of Outside Zone, which involves the lineman on the outside of the DL pinning him in and the inside OL pulling to the next shade. Inside Zone doubles the shade and the outside OL comes off to cut the LB. On the backside of the play, the OL cut off gaps, pushing the DL and creating cutback lanes

this happens after EVERY single time another team loses...their fans come back and start off with "con grats" and then the "you will respect my team!!!and my posts!!!"...look, fine and dandy...you guys love your Chargers...the Patriots are 18-0...nice game, YOU LOST...get it??..they PLAYED the game and YOU LOST THE GAME. Chopping and dissecting this unit versus that unit and the "LT of 2006!!!" and all the rest of this specious garbage is WORTHLESS. So far, in 18 games the Patriots are UNBEATEN...the ONLY stat, argument, side, viewpoint or whatever else you want to drag up that COUNT

THanx for playin' and thanx for comin'.

No one is doubting anything like that bro. I even said I'd take Maroney over LT today. Anytime in this last month actually. Talking about it isn't pointless. It's what makes sports great. I enjoy arguing different opinions because that's what these boards are for. What do you want your board to be? Just a bunch of guys talking about how good their team is? No, comparing players from different times is what sports is all about. All year people talk about how the Pats would do against teams from the 60's, 70's, 80's, etc... It's just fun to talk about. No matter what team we root for, we are all sports fans and all have different opinions. If you don't want to hear other fans perspectives then maybe we should leave, but I would like to think that true fans would like to hear the opinions of home fans as well as the opposition's.

we HEARD your opinions all week...IU have NO PROBLEM with that at all...the game is over...YOU LOST....no more "opinions" needed....see ya...same time next year I hope

we HEARD your opinions all week...IU have NO PROBLEM with that at all...the game is over...YOU LOST....no more "opinions" needed....see ya...same time next year I hope

Yeah, we did lose. Again, I enjoy discussing football. It's the same as having a post-game show. Analyze the game, talk about what happened, compare performances, etc... That's why they interview the winners and the losers. It's all good man.

Yeah, we did lose. Again, I enjoy discussing football. It's the same as having a post-game show. Analyze the game, talk about what happened, compare performances, etc... That's why they interview the winners and the losers. It's all good man.

True. they beat us. They just need to learn not to be so defensive. After a hard loss it's frustrating and they want to hear nothing but how great and all powerful they are. I'm the type of guy who gets bored at work and will do nothing but be on the forums so I'll defend myself if I get attacked. We all have different opinions but what's not mistakeable is that you guys were the better team today. I could say all I want that it would have been different if LT was healthy but it could have also been a blowout if he had played. who knows? I thought it was a great game, a defensive enthusiasts type of game

You just don't know what you are talking about.

You are thinking of Outside Zone, which involves the lineman on the outside of the DL pinning him in and the inside OL pulling to the next shade. Inside Zone doubles the shade and the outside OL comes off to cut the LB. On the backside of the play, the OL cut off gaps, pushing the DL and creating cutback lanes

There are many type of zones my friend. I like your explinations though. Pretty damn good. I wasn't really watching much of the OLine, to be honest. Just noticed the formations and focused in on the ball. What isn't mistakable is that you guys beat us backwards in the second half, something not typical to the zone blocking that I"M accustom to seeing.

There are many type of zones my friend. I like your explinations though. Pretty damn good. I wasn't really watching much of the OLine, to be honest. Just noticed the formations and focused in on the ball. What isn't mistakable is that you guys beat us backwards in the second half, something not typical to the zone blocking that I"M accustom to seeing.

There are not "many types of Zones". There are 2 basic plays, Inside Zone and Outside Zone (commonly called "Stretch")

Inside Zone relies on doubling the DL to the LB, which is the push you saw.

how about this "zone"...the WINNERS ZONE

Someone, please, get the stats of run plays and yardage when Maroney ran the ball with 2 or more WR compared to the jumbo formation that was so effective. Maroney is expected to get a good amount of yards when we're respecting the pass and you're in jumbo.

I know there's a rule concerning personal attacks on this board, but you're f**king moron. Sorry, but that had to be said.

When you're in the jumbo and running it down the other teams throat (with the same RB) the defense is expecting the run, and focusing on stopping it. The fact that NE was able to line up and jam it down the Chargers throat in the second half was the key to the game, and Maroney was awsome in the second half.

Seriously, the guy puts up 106 yards in the second half (breaking off some long runs in the process) and this guy wants us to believe Maroney's supposed to get those yards, and he's still dancing to much?

This reminds me of the type of stuff NSA used to say...

The Pats don't run a zone blocking scheme. It was Maroney that made the decision to cut back because it was open. He had 3 really good runs that he cut back and it was wide open. We really played poor contain.

LOL! Further proof this guy hasn't the slightest clue.

I'm sure someone else (probably multiple posters) already pointed this out, but NE switched over to a new zone-blocking scheme before this season...

When you're in the jumbo and running it down the other teams throat (with the same RB) the defense is expecting the run, and focusing on stopping it. The fact that NE was able to line up and jam it down the Chargers throat in the second half was the key to the game, and Maroney was awsome in the second half.

Seriously, the guy puts up 106 yards in the second half (breaking off some long runs in the process) and this guy wants us to believe Maroney's supposed to get those yards, and he's still dancing to much?

Excellent point; if the Pats are in 3 TE and the Chargers are still in a 7 man front with a 2 Shell, then their coaches are idiots, especially considering the game situations.

It's simple numbers; there are 7 gaps, the extra TE=8 and add in the WB and the FB, you have a massive numbers advantage and way too many gaps to defend.

I know there's a rule concerning personal attacks on this board, but you're f**king moron. Sorry, but that had to be said.

Sheesh, here we go again.

When he has little room to run he tends to dance and it prevents him from getting the hard yards. Plus, he tends to run heads up/high kneed, it's just his style. When he's given those larger holes he accelerates and he's very hard to take down. Because of his size and sprinting style it makes it very difficult for someone smaller to take him down. That's why when the 3 TE's came in he was able to get more yardage because the holes were there. When the Pats went to base he got pretty much nothing all game.

I'm not bashing him. I think he played great but he's still young and he needs to put his head down a little more on the gains for 3 or less. It looks like he wants to break one on every play.

Excellent point; if the Pats are in 3 TE and the Chargers are still in a 7 man front with a 2 Shell, then their coaches are idiots, especially considering the game situations.

It's simple numbers; there are 7 gaps, the extra TE=8 and add in the WB and the FB, you have a massive numbers advantage and way too many gaps to defend.

exactly. My point. We just respected the pass too much that when you went to a strickly run we didn't adapt. You kept going to it, we didn't stop it. I, honestly, think that we didn't have a gameplan for that type of running style. Well, maybe goalline but not at the 50

exactly. My point. We just respected the pass too much that when you went to a strickly run we didn't adapt. You kept going to it, we didn't stop it. I, honestly, think that we didn't have a gameplan for that type of running style. Well, maybe goalline but not at the 50

Well, I am not sure if I am agreeing with you or not, but any HS Coach will adjust to 3 TE or even 2 TE; a 7 man front is just not sound against it. Is Cottrell not as competent as a HS DC?

heh heh...just SAY IT....YOU think the Chargers are a better team and Maroney is a stiff... a lucky stiff...and the Patriots using a run package is somehow cheating or not right or whatever the hell you're trying to prove by bringing up formations. Just SAY IT...stop the "if,but..well...could...should" bullcrap

heh heh...just SAY IT....YOU think the Chargers are a better team and Maroney is a stiff... a lucky stiff...and the Patriots using a run package is somehow cheating or not right or whatever the hell you're trying to prove by bringing up formations. Just SAY IT...stop the "if,but..well...could...should" bullcrap

I'm sure that's what you WANT to hear. I'm coming in here with respect for your team bro. It's pretty obvious you like to start arguments.

find ONE thread started by me today, genius...it's YOU that wants to start arguments...your team LOST and you're still here trying to make all these ridiculous "if/then, but/could" arguments...the Chargers LOST...deal with it

Sheesh, here we go again.

When he has little room to run he tends to dance and it prevents him from getting the hard yards. Plus, he tends to run heads up/high kneed, it's just his style. When he's given those larger holes he accelerates and he's very hard to take down. Because of his size and sprinting style it makes it very difficult for someone smaller to take him down. That's why when the 3 TE's came in he was able to get more yardage because the holes were there. When the Pats went to base he got pretty much nothing all game.

I'm not bashing him. I think he played great but he's still young and he needs to put his head down a little more on the gains for 3 or less. It looks like he wants to break one on every play.

I guess you haven't been watching him over the second half of the season then. He's been getting the tough yards, and pushing the pile (he even did this versus the Chargers today). On 3rd and short he usually always gets the required yardage, and sometimes more. Heck, against the Chargers he was able to get five yards on something like 3rd and 3 when the game was on the line. Trust me, the Chargers were thinking run first in that situation.

Here's a clue, when Maroney's on the field NE uses him the majority of the time. So, you're saying the Chargers weren't adjusting to NE's rushing attack and formations is complete BS. Everyone knows they use different "jumbo" packages, and Maroney's run out of these packages a number of times. His being able to run so effective in obvious running situations was key. He's also been able to run out of single back formations, and isn't only effective with extra blockers (pretty much seems like that's what you're saying).

While I'll agree that Kevin Faulk's receiving ability was huge, Maroney's ability to run the ball and kill the clock gave NE's defense more time to rest, and midway through that last drive the Chargers defense looked dead. So, I'd say Maroney could have been the offensive game MVP.

I gotta say that what Dojo is saying is the same thing that many Patsfans had said about Maroney on WEEI and on this board prior to the last few games, so cut him some slack. And I think the op was saying that Maroney is better than LT at this moment, he might have been the one who predicted Maroney would outperform LT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes