PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney = Mvp, Maroney > Lt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroney, Evans, our TEs, and our OL owned the Chargers in the second half. I don't give a **** how they did it. In a heavyformation, there's sking the Chargers to stop them. The Chargers failed. In a spread formation the Chargers have to play the odds. The Chargers failed.

Either way, the Chargers failed. While LT sat there with visor on the bench crying like a *****. GFY Dojo.

Well then your coaching is bad.

The 2 TE set is the best formation to run Zone.

Jumbo is a 3 TE or 2TE+FB. It's what you ran most of the 2nd half. But yeah, I won't disagree that it was bad on our coaches half that we couldn't adjust.

maroney showed me alot of heart and desire too

explain. please. I came in here and provided a logical opinion of your player AND gave him praise but you guys jump all over me like I'm saying he sucks. I'm far from saying he sucks. you're the one's saying that he's better than who's widely considered the best RB in the decade and I'm the crazy one huh? Most of you guys are great guys but some of you it's just hard to talk football to.

I don't think he is better than LT (well, he's got more heart than LT :cool: ) and only the OP said that. You are a dumbass for saying the Pats don't run zone and that Maroney "stares at the sky" or some stupid comment like that. What I saw from Maroney today (and last week) was a guy who made great reads (in the zone blocking), made good cuts, had a great second gear, and lowered his head to pick up as much extra yardage when he could. He ran extremely well and you show your lack of knowledge when you try to denigrate what he did by saying he did it in jumbo formations ('cause every other RB in the NFL can break ten yard runs when they get hit in the backfield :bricks: ). You are a moron.

Maroney, Evans, our TEs, and our OL owned the Chargers in the second half. I don't give a **** how they did it. In a heavyformation, there's sking the Chargers to stop them. The Chargers failed. In a spread formation the Chargers have to play the odds. The Chargers failed.

Either way, the Chargers failed. While LT sat there with visor on the bench crying like a *****. GFY Dojo.

I wouldn't consider the chargers failed to stop the spread, in fact I think we did pretty well against the pass. You guys just have too many weapons and we didn't adjust as well.

LT is not as good as everyone says because he runs behind a TE and FB.

Do you realize how stupid that statement is?

The Pats don't run a zone blocking scheme.

Yes they do. They started the switch last year and its continued this year. That, right there, shows you don't know what you are talking about.

It was Maroney that made the decision to cut back because it was open. He had 3 really good runs that he cut back and it was wide open. We really played poor contain.

The Chargers DID play poor contain, but part of that was the blocking by the Pats. Sorry, but you just refuse to give the Pats O-line and Maroney any credit on that.

I don't think he is better than LT (well, he's got more heart than LT :cool: ) and only the OP said that. You are a dumbass for saying the Pats don't run zone and that Maroney "stares at the sky" or some stupid comment like that. What I saw from Maroney today (and last week) was a guy who made great reads (in the zone blocking), made good cuts, had a great second gear, and lowered his head to pick up as much extra yardage when he could. He ran extremely well and you show your lack of knowledge when you try to denigrate what he did by saying he did it in jumbo formations ('cause every other RB in the NFL can break ten yard runs when they get hit in the backfield :bricks: ). You are a moron.

So why didn't he do it in the first half? Why couldn't he do it with 2 WR or a base set? Because he danced too much. I'm offering this up as something that happened but you take it as an insult because I'm not a Patriot fan.

So why didn't he do it in the first half? Why couldn't he do it with 2 WR or a base set? Because he danced too much. I'm offering this up as something that happened but you take it as an insult because I'm not a Patriot fan.

He was not as good in the second half not because he "danced" but because there were defenders in the backfield immediately as he was handed the ball. You are a dumbass.

Another thing is that someone previously stated that your OLine owned our DLine, which was true in the second half. A TRUE zone blocking scheme would have been pushed back and ridden in one direction while the RB hits the open hole. I didn't see too much of that out of the Pats. I'm sorry for my ignorance but it didn't look at all like a zone blocking scheme to me.

1 WR, 3 TE vs. 2 CB's, 2 safeties. You had the bigger blockers. The 34 is our base and we didn't adjust welll against that jumbo.

BTW, are you even denying that you ran jumbo?

The Pats Jumbo package consists of Vrabel lining up at TE and Seau at FB. So, yes, I can deny it.

Did the Pats run with 2TE and FB at times and 3 TE and a WR? Yep. But you mis-characterize what that goes up against. 2 of the TEs were going up against OLBs. With the Pats guards getting to the 2nd level. And the CB was going up against MOSS. Stop acting like the Pats had these MAMMOTH players on the field compared to the Chargers. Its really takes away from your credibility.

He was not as good in the second half not because he "danced" but because there were defenders in the backfield immediately as he was handed the ball. You are a dumbass.

I'm going to gracefully back off the subject. I leave with the same opinion as I came in here with. First, these insults are getting stupid and immature and this whole "we didn't run jumbo" and "GFY, Maroney is the best" talks are just getting out of hand. I know it's getting annoying to me so it must be getting annoying to the Mods and I don't wanna get banned because I had a good time chattin with you guys this week. I know you want to defend your players but they're not perfect and if you can't recognize the room for improvement then you'll never recognize when they really do get better. Most of you are great but what's with the personal insults for offering up my opinion? I don't hear that from other boards. You do know these have moderators right?

I don't want to come in and ruin a great game by starting an argument. That being said, I'd take 06 LT over anyone in the league. However, Maroney has been on fire lately and ran incredible in the 2nd half. Maroney might be better than LT at this point in time, but................. 06 MVP LT>Maroney at any point so far. Also, Pats O-Line>Chargers O-Line.

The Pats Jumbo package consists of Vrabel lining up at TE and Seau at FB. So, yes, I can deny it.

Did the Pats run with 2TE and FB at times and 3 TE and a WR? Yep. But you mis-characterize what that goes up against. 2 of the TEs were going up against OLBs. With the Pats guards getting to the 2nd level. And the CB was going up against MOSS. Stop acting like the Pats had these MAMMOTH players on the field compared to the Chargers. Its really takes away from your credibility.
isn't that goal line?

A jumbo formation is not exactly one formation. It could be 6 OLinemen or 3 TE's. It's just a large formation. I might have the lingo wrong for the Patriots but it changes from team to team. Also, never claimed that the Pats had mammoth players, just the 3 TE or 2 TE+FB. Jumbo does sound kinda bigger than my exlination though.

We play the Broncos twice a year and it's a different scheme than the Broncos have then. It looked like they run it man up, then collapsed the edge and let LM chose where he wants to run, but zone is a little bit different than that. Zone blocking is where the olinemen just ride the DLinemen where ever they want to go. Your oline was pushing us back,

we dont chop block every play like Broncos do. all their cheap shots @ the knees might have you confused what ZBS is

we dont chop block every play like Broncos do. all their cheap shots @ the knees might have you confused what ZBS is

lol. true. If it's zone, I'm just not use to seeing your type of zone before. i thought it was a great man though. They collapsed the edges and allowed Maroney to cutback IF he wanted to.

isn't that goal line?

A jumbo formation is not exactly one formation. It could be 6 OLinemen or 3 TE's. It's just a large formation. I might have the lingo wrong for the Patriots but it changes from team to team. Also, never claimed that the Pats had mammoth players, just the 3 TE or 2 TE+FB. Jumbo does sound kinda bigger than my exlination though.

You sure as hell were implying it by incorrectly whining that the Pats had 3 TEs going up against 2 CBs and 2 Safeties. You really should just stop because any credibility you had is fluttering away with each post you put up.

this happens after EVERY single time another team loses...their fans come back and start off with "con grats" and then the "you will respect my team!!!and my posts!!!"...look, fine and dandy...you guys love your Chargers...the Patriots are 18-0...nice game, YOU LOST...get it??..they PLAYED the game and YOU LOST THE GAME. Chopping and dissecting this unit versus that unit and the "LT of 2006!!!" and all the rest of this specious garbage is WORTHLESS. So far, in 18 games the Patriots are UNBEATEN...the ONLY stat, argument, side, viewpoint or whatever else you want to drag up that COUNTS.

THanx for playin' and thanx for comin'.

We play the Broncos twice a year and it's a different scheme than the Broncos have then. It looked like they run it man up, then collapsed the edge and let LM chose where he wants to run, but zone is a little bit different than that. Zone blocking is where the olinemen just ride the DLinemen where ever they want to go. Your oline was pushing us back,

No, it's not. Zone involves double teams and releasing to the LB's, which is exactly what you saw. Denver may run a bit more Outside Zone, which is a pin and pull scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes