PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney = Mvp, Maroney > Lt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
For all those suckers who doubted, even after last weeks performance.... GFY. Maroney picked up this team and carried it (along with Faulk) this afternoon.... Hell yeah!!

I wouldn't go that far man. lol. Maroney played well but danced a lot in the backfield when in standard offense. The Pats HAD to bring out their jumbo in order to give him some room and once he hit the second level he's hard to bring down. But Faulk was the MVP by FAR. He carried the team on 3rd down and just stabbed us in the heart. GG. See ya next year.

I LOVE LAURENCE MARONEY. I'm not afraid to confess my man love for him now. :D

No question

The best game of Maroney's career

I stand corrected...this kid played liked a stud when it counted

Its incredible close between Mauroney and Kevin Faulk for MVP. I would give it to Mauroney by a nose.

I admit I didn't have much faith in Maroney, particularly given his inconsistent performance last year and most of this year. But lately he's been durable, stubborn and reliable. Whoever we play in the SB will know they can't play the pass on defense exclusively.

I wouldn't go that far man. lol. Maroney played well but danced a lot in the backfield when in standard offense. The Pats HAD to bring out their jumbo in order to give him some room and once he hit the second level he's hard to bring down. But Faulk was the MVP by FAR. He carried the team on 3rd down and just stabbed us in the heart. GG. See ya next year.

You know so little about it so GFY and get back to your teams whining messageboards.

seeing the bloody lip and arm made me smile. he fought his ass off today. great performance

The fact that the running game and red zone defense has picked up is very encouraging. Now if Brady and the receivers can play the way we all know they can... lights out (sorry Shawne).

Its incredible close between Mauroney and Kevin Faulk for MVP. I would give it to Mauroney by a nose.

As a Charger fan I would give it to Faulk by far. Maroney played well but Faulk was mr. 3rd down today. He gave Maroney reason to get his yards because of the coversions. Not that Maroney sucks but he is exactly what I thought he was before the game. He stands while running and dances in the backfield. He couldn't do much in base offense but when he gets to the second level, watch out!

As a Charger fan I would give it to Faulk by far. Maroney played well but Faulk was mr. 3rd down today. He gave Maroney reason to get his yards because of the coversions. Not that Maroney sucks but he is exactly what I thought he was before the game. He stands while running and dances in the backfield. He couldn't do much in base offense but when he gets to the second level, watch out!

dances too much but runs over 120 yards on your D. yeah. if Maroney is a dancer..LT is a better dancer because he does it more often. its called looking for a hole.

runs straight up? yeah..hes an upright runner. so is Peterson..Larry Johnson..few others. That has nothing to do with how good of a RB he is..only how long he might last because the problem with straight up is your more vulnerable to hits

btw doesnt LT run with 2 TE set half the time? Gates and Manamaluea (spelling). so whats wrong if Laurence runs behind 2 TE set? Our base offense is spread 3 WRs, 1 TE.

Last edited:
So, he's not "made of glass", after all?:singing:

For all those suckers who doubted, even after last weeks performance.... GFY. Maroney picked up this team and carried it (along with Faulk) this afternoon.... Hell yeah!!

I am so fugging happy for Maroney right now......I can't even put all of it into words.....he, Kevin faulk, OL, DL .....won this game.....Brady better get a chainsaw and cut that game MVP trophy into 53 parts........anyways....EXTREMELY happy for Lomo.......he is finally getting his props.........it shows that once we commit to the running game....and give him some reps......He can be devestating.......can you imagine what he would have done in Indy with all those reps? Addai is great.......LoMo is BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO PATS

Poor LT wouldn't even take off his visor after the game, he must realy have been bummed.

H.

umm dude....He had over 100 yards against you guys and broke off several long runs.........and one TD.......suffice it to say he and our OL (and Kevin Faulk as you correctly stated) OWNED you guys in the second half.....and that was the ball game......make no mistake about it Laurence Maroney is the real deal....and every week we are seeing more of what he can do.....GO PATS!

dances too much but runs over 120 yards on your D. yeah. if Maroney is a dancer..LT is a better dancer because he does it more often. its called looking for a hole.

runs straight up? yeah..hes an upright runner. so is Peterson..Larry Johnson..few others. That has nothing to do with how good of a RB he is..only how long he might last because the problem with straight up is your more vulnerable to hits

btw doesnt LT run with 2 TE set half the time? Gates and Manamaluea (spelling). so whats wrong if Laurence runs behind 2 TE set? Our base offense is spread 3 WRs, 1 TE.

I don't think that Maroney sucks. i think you're really misreading my post. He is good but he has some major flaws. And no, we don't run with 2 and 3 TE's all the time. In fact, really not at all. Belicheck recognized that running 1 WR and 3 TE/2TE and FB was the only way he could run and Maroney wore us out. I wouldn't consider it the best game I've ever seen Maroney play in but he played well, just not as good as Faulk did. My number 1 key to stopping the NE offense was Faulk in previous posts and we did not do that. Faulk deserves the respect a LOT more than Maroney because Maroney is expected to get those yards with so many blockers out there, Faulk torched us when it mattered.

umm dude....He had over 100 yards against you guys and broke off several long runs.........and one TD.......suffice it to say he and our OL (and Kevin Faulk as you correctly stated) OWNED you guys in the second half.....and that was the ball game......make no mistake about it Laurence Maroney is the real deal....and every week we are seeing more of what he can do.....GO PATS!

Someone, please, get the stats of run plays and yardage when Maroney ran the ball with 2 or more WR compared to the jumbo formation that was so effective. Maroney is expected to get a good amount of yards when we're respecting the pass and you're in jumbo.

He wasn't "dancing"...it's Inside Zone, he was picking his spots and hitting the windback. The cutback was killing the Chargers.

I don't think that Maroney sucks. i think you're really misreading my post. He is good but he has some major flaws. And no, we don't run with 2 and 3 TE's all the time. In fact, really not at all. Belicheck recognized that running 1 WR and 3 TE/2TE and FB was the only way he could run and Maroney wore us out. I wouldn't consider it the best game I've ever seen Maroney play in but he played well, just not as good as Faulk did. My number 1 key to stopping the NE offense was Faulk in previous posts and we did not do that. Faulk deserves the respect a LOT more than Maroney because Maroney is expected to get those yards with so many blockers out there, Faulk torched us when it mattered.

the way your saying it is unfair. he made some nice runs with 1 TE. just because we got away from that and used what worked best doesnt mean we cant do it without the 2 TEs.

its no the only way..it was the most effective so why not stick to it? we had 11 players on offense u had 11 on D. doesnt matter how many of each position we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes