PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney, Moss and Edelman return to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was wrong with Edelman? Did he get hurt during pre-season action or practice or some shady Wilhite-esque activity?

I'm wondering if this means the return of the sneaky roster spot, making Edelman the 2nd string QB, and labelling Hoyer as the "emergency QB". This is really not that much of a gamble, IF (god forbid) Brady gets hurt before the 4th quarter, you would have to bench Edelman to play Hoyer(for those that don't know, the "emergency QB" does not count as one of your 45 active players on game day, the only stipulation is, that if he gets in the game before the 4th Quarter, your #1 and #2 QBs can not play anymore (for that game). By naming Edelman the second string QB, you gain an extra roster spot on gameday.

I thought that they had a few packages for Edelman at QB last year, but his arm injury basically made them all worhtless.

It doesnt work like that...If your emergencey QB plays before quarter 4 than you can not put any other QB back in the game.

Thank goodness Maroney's back.

How's your wife?

Anyway, good to see our full slew of receivers healthy. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the packages they roll out against the Bengals.

It doesnt work like that...If your emergencey QB plays before quarter 4 than you can not put any other QB back in the game.

Thats pretty much exactly what he said.

What are they, moonlighting as UPS drivers, delivering packages?

Awesome joke.

telent_fail.gif

And in one fell swoop the Edelman worriers, maroney bashers and moss haters all got a little more quiet

Thats pretty much exactly what he said.

Not exactly....Who plays QB if Tom gets hurt in the first quarter but only needs 4 or 5 plays off? You go with Edelman for a few plays :eek: or you bring in Hoyer and lose Tom for the rest of the Game :eek:.

Sorry but in no way does having Edelman allow you to make Hoyer the emergency QB.

Not exactly....Who plays QB if Tom gets hurt in the first quarter but only needs 4 or 5 plays off? You go with Edelman for a few plays :eek: or you bring in Hoyer and lose Tom for the rest of the Game :eek:.

Sorry but in no way does having Edelman allow you to make Hoyer the emergency QB.

Again, he said that bringing in the emergency qb means that the rest of the qbs can't play, which covers that.

In that case, if brady only needs a handful of plays off, you just bring out edelman and run the ball.

Again, he said that bringing in the emergency qb means that the rest of the qbs can't play, which covers that.

In that case, if brady only needs a handful of plays off, you just bring out edelman and run the ball.

Wow I am losing it....he did cover it. but IMO it is too risky to go without a active back up. When a guy gets hurt you dont know if its going to be a few plays, a quarter, or the game.

Last edited:
Edelman worries me. He actually seems more athletic than Welker- faster acceleration, a little quicker, more potential for a big play. Of course, Welker has incredible hands and runs very crisp routes. What worries me is wondering if Edelman is going to get killed in the NFL. He an inch taller and about 5 lbs. heavier than Welker, but he has suffered several contact injuries thus far (whereas Welker had a freak injury that could happen to anyone.) Welker has always been a returner/WR, so he's used to taking big licks. Edelman is a QB turned WR. A little concerned that he's going to end up on the injury list too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back