PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney, Moss and Edelman return to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
WR Randy Moss returned to practice after being ill yesterday. In addition, WR Julian Edelman and RB Laurence Maroney were back in full uniform for the first time all week. Meanwhile, DB Terrence Wheatley was not. For Edelman, who suffered a foot injury, this could potentially mean he’s back for Sunday.
BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet

Happy to hear that Edelman & Maroney are back, especially Edelman.

I wasn't ever worried about Moss.

Moss didn't worry me, but Edelman back is a VERY good sign :)

I'm wondering if this means the return of the sneaky roster spot, making Edelman the 2nd string QB, and labelling Hoyer as the "emergency QB". This is really not that much of a gamble, IF (god forbid) Brady gets hurt before the 4th quarter, you would have to bench Edelman to play Hoyer(for those that don't know, the "emergency QB" does not count as one of your 45 active players on game day, the only stipulation is, that if he gets in the game before the 4th Quarter, your #1 and #2 QBs can not play anymore (for that game). By naming Edelman the second string QB, you gain an extra roster spot on gameday.

I thought that they had a few packages for Edelman at QB last year, but his arm injury basically made them all worhtless.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this means the return of the sneaky roster spot, making Edelman the 2nd string QB, and labelling Hoyer as the "emergency QB". This is really not that much of a gamble, IF (god forbid) Brady gets hurt before the 4th quarter, you would have to bench Edelman to play Hoyer(for those that don't know, the "emergency QB" does not count as one of your 45 active players on game day, the only stipulation is, that if he gets in the game before the 4th Quarter, your #1 and #2 QBs can not play anymore (for that game). By naming Edelman the second string QB, you gain an extra roster spot on gameday.

I thought that they had a few packages for Edelman at QB last year, but his arm injury basically made them all worhtless.

A neat idea, but given the last time we saw Brady leave a game was about 7 minutes into the first, I wouldn't want to lose a weapon like Edelman for a whole game just to keep someone like Kyle Love on the active roster. Hoyer has looked good, but really would need every available weapon in that situation.

Moss and Maroney are no surprise, but glad to hear that Edelman's back.

What packages would they have specifically for Edelman? Or do you mean trick plays?

Good news for Edelman.... media was just blowing smoke re Moss as always:rolleyes:

Good news for Edelman.... media was just blowing smoke re Moss as always:rolleyes:

What evidence of this do you have? Have you gotten a copy of Randy Moss' bloodwork, or something?

A neat idea, but given the last time we saw Brady leave a game was about 7 minutes into the first, I wouldn't want to lose a weapon like Edelman for a whole game just to keep someone like Kyle Love on the active roster. Hoyer has looked good, but really would need every available weapon in that situation.

If Brady gets hurt we're screwed anyway. I think having Hoyer be the 3rd qb and us getting an extra active roster spot is worth the gamble.

If Brady gets hurt we're screwed anyway. I think having Hoyer be the 3rd qb and us getting an extra active roster spot is worth the gamble.

Again, it really depends on who that extra spot is for. If it's a player that's going to give us a handful of snaps and who's job is redundant with another backup player, will he give us more than if Edelman can't play most of a game?

And we weren't screwed when Cassel came in. I certainly don't want the team gameplanning like they're going to quit if Brady gets hurt.

I don't fault a reporter for being wrong on something like that seeing the secrecy of the Pats. Gets a Mulligan from me.

I don't fault a reporter for being wrong on something like that seeing the secrecy of the Pats. Gets a Mulligan from me.

Agreed. And it's not like the reporter said he'd be out for 8 weeks or something. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was more like a couple of weeks as opposed to possibly being ready in week one like the others.

There's plenty to get on the media about. This isn't one of those things.

I'm just glad to hear that Edelman is back practicing. While Welker did play during the pre-season, I would expect they will be cautious of his playtime for the first couple games. Edelman should get lots of playing time if he's healthy.

Thank goodness Maroney's back.

I do. If you don't know, don't say. Don't just make **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes