PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney leading the rookie pack....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect this will not project out. He was not returning kickoffs that I saw yesterday, and that's 20 easy yards per touch.

Still, I love this guy and especially when I was The Patriot on YouTube and realized his 93-yard run was at regular speed! (OK, I love the Irish music too)

The total yards won't project out, but I think it's possible the rush yards and TDs will. I still like keeping the 1-2 punch as long as possible, but in a 16 game season, someone wears out... sure he might sit out a game or two, but more likely CD will, if past seasons are anything to go by. If that's the case, the situation will not be like last year, when the Broncs didn't game plan for the Pats to even have a running game. Though, if we play Denver again -- ugh. Don't like to speculate. They are to us what we are to Indy. So far.

PFnV

Roger Craig/Bo Jackson, baby. In addition to the 49ers-Pats parallels, they have really similar quickness and vertical running styles. See for yourself:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9nMgo0-0wV4

Meanwhile, it looks like either Jennings or Colston over on the NFC. Funny how players who were consistent and productive in college end up that way now as pros. When are GM's going to stop being deluded by 40 times, height, and bench presses?

Last edited:
If Maroney and Jackson turn out to be the best RB and the best WR of the draft what a coup. Many times teams would need 2 picks in the top 15 to pull this off...we got two very good players for sure....it was a great draft due to all the teams needing defense.

F.B.N. said:
If Maroney and Jackson turn out to be the best RB and the best WR of the draft what a coup. Many times teams would need 2 picks in the top 15 to pull this off...we got two very good players for sure....it was a great draft due to all the teams needing defense.
anyone who saw the BB press conference after the day-one draft wouldnt be surprised... BB, normally more stoic than mount rushmore, was as giddy as a 14-yr old schoolgirl at her first dance... BB knew what he had done.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
Meanwhile, it looks like either Jennings or Colston over on the NFC. Funny how players who were consistent and productive in college end up that way now as pros. When are GM's going to stop being deluded by 40 times, height, and bench presses?
When it stops working for them. Up until this point its working really good.

Sure some players translate that success quicker than others but if their were stats to show how great players turn to duds it would favor the duds more than the continued success.

Example Mike Williams, Charles Rogers, David Terrell, Robert Gallery are just some HIGH TOP PICKS who were great all threw college and just suck in football right now.

you know i think Bush might be a better WR than RB.

desi-patsfan said:
you know i think Bush might be a better WR than RB.

I thought that about him (as an NFL prospect) while he was still at USC. Seems to be reflecting that way in the pros so far too. It's early in his career yet, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes