PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney last on PFW's depth chart (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Maroney Buried on Depth Chart

I expect Morris to start (a nod to his consistent contributions over the past 2 years) and split time more or less equally with Taylor. As someone (I forget who) stated here yesterday, Maroney's playing time is likely to depend on the early success of the offensive line. If the line is mauling out there, expect Maroney to get 8-10 touches. If the line is struggling, Maroney might warm the bench.

I do think Maroney will be the primary kick returner while Slater and Edelman get healthy.

Hmm.. Lets see.. Maroney took reps with the 1st team offense in the 1st 3 games. Morris, took reps with the 1st and 2nd teams, and then missed two games.. Yet Morris is going to start???? :rolleyes:

The Patriot Football Weekly depth chart is unofficial and its their GUESS. It has nothing to do with the Patriots other than having the player names on it.

I expect Maroney to get the first play of the 09 season.

Can you guess what it'll be? How about runs right over Mankins...maroney stutter steps in the backfield and goes down for a 2 yard loss as Koppen's man eats him alive.

The crowd boos.

BB scolds Maroney and he sulks. Then BB does what I have suggested: stop running Maroney up the middle, he is hopeless. Instead run him on wheel patterns, and screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back