Welcome to PatsFans.com

Maroney is made of steel

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Snarf, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snarf

Snarf Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

Maroney's game last night was absolutely fantastic, showing strength and skill that we haven't seen for quite some time.

A whole bunch of you owe an apology for the hundreds of "Maroney is made of glass" and "Maroney sucks" bullcrap threads.

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

Titanium,light but strong.

3. MRBLAZE

MRBLAZE Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I couldn't get many to agree with me two days ago when I wrote in my thread Maroney would rush for 125 + a TD, well, I was three yards off but Maroney rushed for 122+TD.

You rock, Laurence. :rocker:

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

I wasn't ready to say he would have a Big game,because I thought we would pass most of the night. But I have always believed he was good,very good.

5. Ahriman

Ahriman Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've said this all along, but I truly believe that the doubters amongst the fans and within the media saw all of 30 seconds of Maroney in college. They really don't have an appreciation for how skilled he is. Part of it, this season anyway, is because of so many delayed handoffs on stupid draw plays. Those things are doomed to fail unless your name is Kevin Faulk or you're a power run team.

Maroney in the single back formations is has the potential to be devastating. He has all of the tools that Addai does, though he's a tad bit faster. However, Addai is blessed to be in an incredibly balanced scheme. Those stretch runs are brutally effectice, especially when the o-line blocks like Indy's does.

Anyway, I hope Kool Aid and the offensive masterminds on the Pats sideline never look back. While I think Maroney is best suited for a zone blocking scheme, he can be just as effective in the single back sets. So, more of those please.

6. 37Harrison

37Harrison 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Crongratulations Maroney! You ran like a man possessed against a very good run D team. Keep it up! Looking more and more like Marion "The Barbarian" Barber as the weeks go by...

Just don't let it go to your head!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.