PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made of steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Maroney's game last night was absolutely fantastic, showing strength and skill that we haven't seen for quite some time.

A whole bunch of you owe an apology for the hundreds of "Maroney is made of glass" and "Maroney sucks" bullcrap threads.

Maroney's game last night was absolutely fantastic, showing strength and skill that we haven't seen for quite some time.

A whole bunch of you owe an apology for the hundreds of "Maroney is made of glass" and "Maroney sucks" bullcrap threads.
Titanium,light but strong.

I couldn't get many to agree with me two days ago when I wrote in my thread Maroney would rush for 125 + a TD, well, I was three yards off but Maroney rushed for 122+TD.

You rock, Laurence. :rocker:

I couldn't get many to agree with me two days ago when I wrote in my thread Maroney would rush for 125 + a TD, well, I was three yards off but Maroney rushed for 122+TD.

You rock, Laurence. :rocker:
I wasn't ready to say he would have a Big game,because I thought we would pass most of the night. But I have always believed he was good,very good.

I've said this all along, but I truly believe that the doubters amongst the fans and within the media saw all of 30 seconds of Maroney in college. They really don't have an appreciation for how skilled he is. Part of it, this season anyway, is because of so many delayed handoffs on stupid draw plays. Those things are doomed to fail unless your name is Kevin Faulk or you're a power run team.

Maroney in the single back formations is has the potential to be devastating. He has all of the tools that Addai does, though he's a tad bit faster. However, Addai is blessed to be in an incredibly balanced scheme. Those stretch runs are brutally effectice, especially when the o-line blocks like Indy's does.

Anyway, I hope Kool Aid and the offensive masterminds on the Pats sideline never look back. While I think Maroney is best suited for a zone blocking scheme, he can be just as effective in the single back sets. So, more of those please.

Crongratulations Maroney! You ran like a man possessed against a very good run D team. Keep it up! Looking more and more like Marion "The Barbarian" Barber as the weeks go by...

Just don't let it go to your head!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back