PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is hurt already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players when they get to the NFL don't have enough muscle or weight or enough time in a rough sport. I have been concerned myself with the amount of injuries he's received since coming to the Pats. Perhaps after a couple of years he will toughen up, he sure has alot of upside

I wouldn't be shocked if Maroney was ready to go for the past two weeks.

This sounds a little like BB knowing he can "get away" with Morris the past two weeks, while Maroney heals up. If these were important (all games are important, but I think you know what I mean), Maroney would be starting.

Also, LM died towards the end of last season, so if we can get him to sit a few of these games, we'd have him ready for the playoff push (there's going to be no division push this year).

Just thoughts.

Last edited:
Now I do have to disagree with you in your statement questioning Maroney's "toughness".....He played most of last year with a torn "rib muscle and rib cartilage" Do you have any idea HOW PAINFUL that is? I broke several ribs and have bruised them as well....and let me tell you brother....that is one of the MOST PAINFUL injuries you can have...never mind having to carry the rock with that kind of injury!!!!!

Nope....This kid is PLENTY TOUGH......Just needs to rest up and come back 100% !!!!!!!!!! GO PATS!!!!

You are right. Toughness was a bad word to use. Durability would be better.

Where did you play man? And what years wee you there? Position? That is cool that you played college ball.....

I played at a small school. I was decent at best. I was a tight end.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if Maroney was ready to go for the past two weeks.

This sounds a little like BB knowing he can "get away" with Morris the past two weeks, while Maroney heals up. If these were important (all games are important, but I think you know what I mean), Maroney would be starting.

Also, LM died towards the end of last season, so if we can get him to sit a few of these games, we'd have him ready for the playoff push (there's going to be no division push this year).

Just thoughts.

I have to agree. If he can play he plays. Imo Bill has his football players playing football when they can.

I am concerned about Lo Mo. Great talent, but injury proned.

I have to agree. If he can play he plays. Imo Bill has his football players playing football when they can.

I am concerned about Lo Mo. Great talent, but injury proned.

Disagree. Belichick does whatever it takes to put his team in the best position to succeed overall. If he thought he could win without Maroney at 100% in a couple of easier games, it's not antithetical to him to be extra-cautious for long-term gain.

You seem to continually come up with the short-sighted view.

I have to agree with Danny here. Maroney has split time at RB, and has been an injury waiting to happen. People sure pile on when somebody has something less than positive to say. :)

It is my observation that Danny88 NEVER has anything to say that is IS positive.

One makes the trip as opposed to staying home like some.

That's one reason why I love this board. It's always entertaining to see arrogant ignorance get jacked up. :rocker:

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back