Maroney is going to be very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He ran like a bowling ball knocking pins down

Do you think so, doctor?

How about those 2 stiff arms .. gotta love it when RB lays out a corner while in full stride

carolinatony said:
He ran like a bowling ball knocking pins down
I thought Dillon was the Pats' bowling ball. Maroney reminds me a lot more of a pinball, shooting towards the prize while either bouncing off of or slamming into the defensive players. :D

ctpatsfan77 said:
I thought Dillon was the Pats' bowling ball. Maroney reminds me a lot more of a pinball, shooting towards the prize while either bouncing off of or slamming into the defensive players. :D

I definitely see that comparison - I love Maroney's running style - half the time hes running so fast it almost looks like he's completely out of control as he's flying around in between the players - makes me think two things
1.) I cant BELIEVE he dropped to #21 in the draft
2.) You have to think that Polian is looking back to the draft and thinking he should have traded up.

Maroney is going to be very good

LOL, no **** sherlock

I don't think a pinball is the right comparison because at 6 feet, 220 pounds it understates his physicality.

The guys is a lot better at breaking tackles and running over people than advertised. And that stiff arm, well you can tell he's been paying attention to Corey.

Lockdown06 said:
1.) I cant BELIEVE he dropped to #21 in the draft
I'd be curious how a re-draft would go. I bet he wouldn't get out of the top ten.

BelichickFan said:
I'd be curious how a re-draft would go. I bet he wouldn't get out of the top ten.

By season's end there is a possibility he wouldn't get past the 2nd pick. I bet Houston wished they traded down to 10th now. They could of gotten a king's ransom for #1 and really improved their team.

I know it's only been 4 games and usually don't jump the gun but Maroney "is" the real deal. He's got that magical stride in his run that you just know is the "it".

Lockdown06 said:
2.) You have to think that Polian is looking back to the draft and thinking he should have traded up.

Polian can't trade up. He needs those sixth and seventh round picks every year for defensive starters.

hwc said:
Polian can't trade up. He needs those sixth and seventh round picks every year for defensive starters.

Ha ha hee hee.:D

Honestly I look long term and I think overall he will be better than Reggie Bush

"Going to be good" misses the point that he's already a top NFL back, a home run threat that can also grind it out.

I'm not sure how much better he can get, though his recognition skills with improve with experience. His ability to start inside and get outside is very rare.

What's making this running game so good is the 1-2 punch, though. Dillon makes it go as much as Maroney. Throw in a hungry young OL, and you gotta love it.

And he catches the ball too!

*dancing a jig*

40yrpatsfan said:
I'm not sure how much better he can get, though his recognition skills with improve with experience. His ability to start inside and get outside is very rare.
His coach at Minnesota said he can probably put on 10-15 pounds without losing speed or quickness. Imagine that . . .

Not only is he an exciting player, he seems like a guy who is a good teammate who is having a great time being a football player.

Patti37 said:
Not only is he an exciting player, he seems like a guy who is a good teammate who is having a great time being a football player.
No doubt there. It was saying in one of the papers that in the huddle he likes to tell the OL - let's go one and out. He seems to be something special and not just his speed, quickess and power.

Don't worry. By the time he gets both really good and experienced he'll be traded. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes