PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney in the I formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinefan

Banned
Reaction score
There is formation "we" run, with Maroney single back about 5 yards behind Brady who is under center.

Every time they run it I say to myself "Maroney off tackle" and it is. The defense seems to know this too. We never run play action (or hardly ever).

Is it possible our formations are that predictable or am I just imagining things?

There is formation "we" run, with Maroney single back about 5 yards behind Brady who is under center.

Every time they run it I say to myself "Maroney off tackle" and it is. The defense seems to know this too. We never run play action (or hardly ever).

Is it possible our formations are that predictable or am I just imagining things?

Pretty sure they ran play action out of it on the second to last drive yesterday in a completion to Moss to get out of the shadow of the goalposts. I thought it was set up perfectly.

thats not an I. An I has a FB of some kind. I'd love to see more runs with a HB and FB in the backfield, I think Maroney would do well in that scheme, but BB released our only FB in hte offseason - he prefers spread offenses and singleback formations.

thats not an I. An I has a FB of some kind. I'd love to see more runs with a HB and FB in the backfield, I think Maroney would do well in that scheme, but BB released our only FB in hte offseason - he prefers spread offenses and singleback formations.

it's more of a lower case i

What's up with the quotations around the word "we" :confused:

Pretty sure we've ran the play action quite a bit this year though I will be the first to admit that I believe we've ran it more out of a singleback formation than the i-formation. Perhaps someone who records the games like Box or DaBruinz can come in and clear it up for us.

Pretty sure we've ran the play action quite a bit this year though I will be the first to admit that I believe we've ran it more out of a singleback formation than the i-formation. Perhaps someone who records the games like Box or DaBruinz can come in and clear it up for us.

This is what results when people don't use the terminology clearly.

The OP did not mean I formation. He meant single back.

This is what results when people don't use the terminology clearly.

The OP did not mean I formation. He meant single back.

He needs to start playing more Madden then. :D

Yeah, single back it is. I need to get my terminology down.

Anyway, I swear 90%+ of the time it's Maroney off tackle. It's like feeding him to the wolves; the defense knows it.

Yesterday they had kind of a wing back next to Brady and a RB. I think that throws enough confusion an opens so many possibilities that the defense can't prepare for it. That's what I think you need, formations with infinite options out of them, so they don't know what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes