PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really going to depend on how fast he excels as a blocker. Even when Corey isn't running well, he's a pretty decent pass blocker, and for Maroney to think about getting a starter's number of touches, he'll need to block well. Definitely encouraging though.

If the Broncos really liked him as much as rumored, I'm already sold. Shanny does know his running backs....

We need someone that can scout out the Colts to keep us up to date on how Mr. Addai is coming along, for some great and totally meaningless cyberspace comparisons.....

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
If the Broncos really liked him as much as rumored, I'm already sold. Shanny does know his running backs....

We need someone that can scout out the Colts to keep us up to date on how Mr. Addai is coming along, for some great and totally meaningless cyberspace comparisons.....

The only thing I've heard on Addai are rumors that he's a blockhead and having trouble picking up the offense.

Maroney's calves seem underdeveloped. Where's the HGH when you need it?
ImgDyn.cfm

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
ImgDyn.cfm

I don't know if that's true or if it's just the angle of the picture but I heard Maroney's eating habits were not ideal in college so under a professional diet regiment I wouldn't be suprised if his body develops a little more. Many rookies' bodies fill in after a few years in the NFL. When Brady came here he was this skinny little thing but now he's a pretty solid guy. The young players are still kids so their bodies' are still growing a little bit.

Richter said:
The only thing I've heard on Addai are rumors that he's a blockhead and having trouble picking up the offense.

and it is such a tough offense to pick up. Manning takes the snap, drops back, throws a pass. Thats not so tough:)

zippo59 said:
I don't know if that's true or if it's just the angle of the picture but I heard Maroney's eating habits were not ideal in college so under a professional diet regiment I wouldn't be suprised if his body develops a little more. Many rookies' bodies fill in after a few years in the NFL. When Brady came here he was this skinny little thing but now he's a pretty solid guy. The young players are still kids so their bodies' are still growing a little bit.
I heard that ALL college players had very bad eating habits, one reason the teams like to control things in camp - get them some nutritious chow

PonyExpress said:
ImgDyn.cfm
The left one looks OK. I see what you mean about the right one. Could be the picture though. So he's more of a racehorse than a plowhorse.

PonyExpress said:
ImgDyn.cfm

But he really looks "tight' in that #39, don't you think?

By week 5, Maroney will be the starting tailback. You heard it first. I don't think Dillon will be able to run like he did in 04.

THEARCHIVES said:
By week 5, Maroney will be the starting tailback. You heard it first. I don't think Dillon will be able to run like he did in 04.
Archives,
I hope this isn't the case. As excited as I am about Maroney's talent, He just turned 21 and I think he needs to time to mature physically. Being a Rb isn't just about talent, desire and intelligence, but maybe even more about Durability, and I am concerned that #39 needs a year to grow into the body BB has designed for him. We don't want a Deshaun Foster on our hands (injured in his rookie year and fragile ever since). For that reason, I believe the best thing for everyone would be lesser carries for Maroney this year with an eye on building him up and letting him mature for the future, and then in 2007 turning the lead back duties over to LoMo and making Dillon the short yardage back. Therefore I believe we should hope that the changing of the guard that you predict doesn't happen until 2007.

THEARCHIVES said:

Even if Dillon is his old self, expect to see production from Maroney. Remember, at the U. of Minnesota, Maroney was a backup/3rd down back to NFL-bound Marion Barber for two years and STILL rushed for over 1,000 yards both seasons.

PATSNUTme said:
But he really looks "tight' in that #39, don't you think?

Is there a reason this board is obsessing over Kool Aid's calves? What is this, Entourage?

easily explained: your classic early symptoms of a non-homosexual man-crush.:D

Nothin wrong with a little hetero-man love.
Especially for a guy wearing that tight #39.

PonyExpress said:
Archives,
I hope this isn't the case. As excited as I am about Maroney's talent, He just turned 21 and I think he needs to time to mature physically. Being a Rb isn't just about talent, desire and intelligence, but maybe even more about Durability, and I am concerned that #39 needs a year to grow into the body BB has designed for him. We don't want a Deshaun Foster on our hands (injured in his rookie year and fragile ever since). For that reason, I believe the best thing for everyone would be lesser carries for Maroney this year with an eye on building him up and letting him mature for the future, and then in 2007 turning the lead back duties over to LoMo and making Dillon the short yardage back. Therefore I believe we should hope that the changing of the guard that you predict doesn't happen until 2007.

I like your assesment! I hope I'm wrong. I want Dillon to do well, but I won't get my hopes up....yet

PonyExpress said:
ImgDyn.cfm

Actually it appears that skinny calves are a good thing.

There is an excerpt in "The Education of a Coach" were Steve Bellichick said something to the effect that he likes skilled players to have skinny calves, as skinny calves are a trait of speed and quickness.

Here is a quote from OJ Simpson himself on this topic.

"We are built a little differently, built for speed, skinny calves, long legs, high asses are all characteristics of blacks. That's why blacks wear long socks. We have skinny calves, and short socks won't stay up. I'll argue with any doctor that physically we're geared to speed, and most sports have something to do with speed."

OJ Simpson
Time Magazine, 1977

I seriously have heard this many times and besides if OJ vouches for it, then it's good by me !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back