PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Doesn't Break Tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroney is a good runner, dont get me wrong. he could probably even elude the mad rumor-monger Tomase. :eek:

Pretty silly to find this old thread and bump it up as if anyone has anything new to say about the subject. Makes you wonder about motives.

I wonder if the Pats are still hosting Adam Seward. I'm dying to know:rolleyes:

bump bump

its true. he can make guys miss, but he cant really break a tackle.
watch going forward,

time for the road with chad jackson, lamot jordan will be the feature back next yr or this yr i bet

time for the road with chad jackson, lamot jordan will be the feature back next yr or this yr i bet

who do idiots like yourself rehash threads that are almost 9 months old?

I wish you'd hit the road like Jackson because your analysis of the two is pathetic.

1) Maroney is not a battering ram, ala Corey Dillon. Never has been.
2) Lamont Jordan IS a battering ram. But lets remember that his yards came late in the game when the Jets defense was exhausted.
3) The Run blocking was horrible, particularly on the plays where Maroney was running the ball. Maroney didn't do well, but the line has to take blame just as much as Maroney.

I really don't understand how anyone can hold it against Maroney when he gets hit two yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Defenders should not be two yards behind the line of scrimmage. It isn't Maroney's fault.

I really don't understand how anyone can hold it against Maroney when he gets hit two yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Defenders should not be two yards behind the line of scrimmage. It isn't Maroney's fault.

true; but that still doesnt change the fact that maroney is incapable of shedding a tackle.

Maroney's never going to have the dillon 1600 yard season; He's never going to be a receiving threat out of the backfield like faulk.

His strength is that sometimes his dancing around leads to huge plays.

We should just accept it and stop complaining about him. The group as a whole is good (maroney, morris, jordan, faulk); it just lacks the superstar -- like we had in curtis martin and dillon in the past.

true; but that still doesnt change the fact that maroney is incapable of shedding a tackle.

Maroney's never going to have the dillon 1600 yard season; He's never going to be a receiving threat out of the backfield like faulk.

His strength is that sometimes his dancing around leads to huge plays.

We should just accept it and stop complaining about him. The group as a whole is good (maroney, morris, jordan, faulk); it just lacks the superstar -- like we had in curtis martin and dillon in the past.

For you to say that Maroney isn't ever going to be a receiving threat out of the back-field is foolish. Especially considering that the times that he's done it, he's been highly effective.

Maroney doesn't "dance" on every run. He dances on the runs where the O-line didn't open the holes it was supposed to.

Maroney has never been a POWER BACK ala Corey Dillon. But he can run with power. There have been several issues so far. And I noted them in another thread.

1) Inconsistent O-line blocking
2) Lack of proper adjustments by Koppen and Cassel
3) Lack of running behind Mankins and Light on calls for Maroney.

Patjew: It's not your fault.

Laurence: [Softly, still staring off] I know...

Patjew: No you don't. It's not your fault.

Laurence: [Serious] I know.

Patjew: No. Listen to me son. It's not your fault.

Laurence: I know that.

[Laurence is silent, eyes closed]

Laurence: [Laurence's eyes open, misty already] Don't **** with me Patjew. Not you.

[Laurence shoves Patjew back, and then, hands trembling, buries his face in his hands. Laurence begins sobbing. Patjew puts his hands on Laurence's shoulders, and Laurence grabs him and holds him close, crying]

Laurence: Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry Patjew!
[Laurence continues sobbing in Patjew's arms]

I'm sorry, but this is just patently false. Go watch Maroney in the second half of last year, where he is often shedding tackles to pick up tough yardage.

Maroney needs to find the holes better. He definately can shed a tackle, he's tough to bring down. I feel like everytime they run him......the defensive line is in the backfield immediately......im not sure whats going on but yesterday Morris and Jordan went up the gut before the D-ends got to them.......Maroney doesn't always get that blocking.....JMO

Laurence: [Softly, still staring off] I know...

Patjew: No you don't. It's not your fault.

Laurence: [Serious] I know.

Patjew: No. Listen to me son. It's not your fault.

Laurence: I know that.

[Laurence is silent, eyes closed]

Laurence: [Laurence's eyes open, misty already] Don't **** with me Patjew. Not you.

[Laurence shoves Patjew back, and then, hands trembling, buries his face in his hands. Laurence begins sobbing. Patjew puts his hands on Laurence's shoulders, and Laurence grabs him and holds him close, crying]

Laurence: Oh my God! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry Patjew!
[Laurence continues sobbing in Patjew's arms]

What a coincidence! That is the EXACT same conversation I had with Sammy Morris after Brady's knee got bent the wrong way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back