PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Cap Tidbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I like that ncentive. It exacerbates playing time and # carries conflict with Dillon.

-phil (going to Zip's today)

Yeah. He doesn't get nothin' 'less he beats out an established stud running back, and the established stud running back has to come back from an injury season with a rookie breathing down his neck, because the rook's incentivized to take his job.

Both of them would end up playing with a sense of urgency, and with competition looming all year long. That's just mean -- it's like BOTH of them will have to keep playing harder and harder only for one of them to lose out...

Um, actually I'm okay with that.

PFnV

PS, but seeing that just puts a fine point on how CD and LM have bonded and shown that mutual respect we see in the press conferences etc. This stuff is business but they're looking right at the facts of the matter and saying "you know what? We can do this as schmucks [to use Corey's word,] or as professionals and people with some grace."

I am really okay with that!

1,200 yards seems reasonable for a 1st rd RB. Anything lower can't be classified as a "good" season since the 1,000 yard plateau no longer has meaning. The weird one is the Addai 750-yard incentive. The Colts really are aiming low.

PonyExpress said:
1,200 yards seems reasonable for a 1st rd RB. Anything lower can't be classified as a "good" season since the 1,000 yard plateau no longer has meaning. The weird one is the Addai 750-yard incentive. The Colts really are aiming low.

With what we have seen of their running game, can you blame them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back