Welcome to PatsFans.com

Maroney, Barber learned to share at Minnesota

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by broadwayjoe, Jan 4, 2007.

1. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

3. The Predator

The Predator Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

how can you not love Maroney?

Attached Files:

4. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +90 / 65 / -57

#87 Jersey

I think Barber is a better back than Jones, but then again, I'm a football couch potato, Tuna is a football coach (potato). Seriously, I was hoping the Pats would draft Barber in 2005, I used to watch Minnesota games to scout Barber, and I wound up liking Barber & Maroney equally.
  5. The Predator

The Predator Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The knock on Barber is his speed. A lot of analysts claim that he cannot be a featured back because he is too slow. I am not sure if I buy that because for what he lacks in speed he makes up for in hard work and smarts.

I do think the situation he is in now is ideal to tap in and use his talent. Jones is not a bad back and is pretty quick. The make a very good duo.

It may be similar to our situation with Dillon & Maroney, but we have much more talent. I do like having two backs who can carry the load individually, yet can be used to take advantage of the situation. I do not want anyone else carrying the ball inside the 10 except Dillon. Then look at that game breaker Maroney did against JAX. Two very special guy.