Maroney, Barber learned to share at Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can you not love Maroney?

Attachments

• pred low.001.jpg
    pred low.001.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 127
Yes-Marion Barber III has been a BEAST here in Big D.

Tuna should start him over Julius Jones-but his pride won't let him.

I think Barber is a better back than Jones, but then again, I'm a football couch potato, Tuna is a football coach (potato). Seriously, I was hoping the Pats would draft Barber in 2005, I used to watch Minnesota games to scout Barber, and I wound up liking Barber & Maroney equally.

I think Barber is a better back than Jones, but then again, I'm a football couch potato, Tuna is a football coach (potato). Seriously, I was hoping the Pats would draft Barber in 2005, I used to watch Minnesota games to scout Barber, and I wound up liking Barber & Maroney equally.

The knock on Barber is his speed. A lot of analysts claim that he cannot be a featured back because he is too slow. I am not sure if I buy that because for what he lacks in speed he makes up for in hard work and smarts.

I do think the situation he is in now is ideal to tap in and use his talent. Jones is not a bad back and is pretty quick. The make a very good duo.

It may be similar to our situation with Dillon & Maroney, but we have much more talent. I do like having two backs who can carry the load individually, yet can be used to take advantage of the situation. I do not want anyone else carrying the ball inside the 10 except Dillon. Then look at that game breaker Maroney did against JAX. Two very special guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back