Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Faulk & Maroney
Link|Comments (0) By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff November 21, 07 12:07 PM
FOXBOROUGH -- Patriots running backs Kevin Faulk and Laurence Maroney were present in the locker room today at Gillette Stadium during the media-access period (11:10-11:55 a.m.), a positive sign after both did not finish Sunday night's game against the Bills.

Faulk left with a head injury in the second quarter, while Maroney played four series and was announced to have a foot injury.

"I'm good," Faulk said. "It's the game we play, you never know. It could be a game of inches, it could be a game of about two miles."

Asked if remembers the Bills game, Faulk said: "Oh yeah, I remember the game. I remember everything. I can tell you what happened right before the hit, and everything."

Asked if he will play Sunday against the Eagles, Faulk said: "As a competitor, I want to. At the same time, I have to make sure I'm all right physically."

Faulk added he was going to try to practice today.

Meanwhile, Maroney said he is not injured and that he should be available for action Sunday. He indicated he is not frustrated with the lack of action.

"I feel like my time is going to come," he said. "Right now, it's not my time and I'm going to play the role they need me to play. I'm a team player. As long as we win, I'm all right."

Also, the guys on PFW say that there is no Brady interview today. I will not be surprised if we see and hear less from Brady going forward. He couldn't have been happy about the Spin ESPN put on his interview with WEEI.

Maybe Coach B wasn't so happy with the interview and that's why TB will speak less. Or does Tommy get a pass?

Could be. We will never know. The PFW guys say that "there are rumblings" that it was Brady's choice, not BB's. They said that they've heard that Brady was sick of answering questions about running up the score. But who knows?

what spin and interview?

Yesterday on WEEI (radio interview) Brady was answering questions about running up the score. ESPN took one of the Quotes and turned it into a story of their own. :rolleyes: I don't remember the quote exactly, but I'm sure one of our Patriot brethren can help us out.:D

Yesterday on WEEI (radio interview) Brady was answering questions about running up the score. ESPN took one of the Quotes and turned it into a story of their own. :rolleyes: I don't remember the quote exactly, but I'm sure one of our Patriot brethren can help us out.:D

are you thinking of randall gay?

I am glad to read that both Maroney and Faulk are ok. More encouraging is that both don't seem to be that badly hurt and Maroney seems to be saying the right things (assuming that he was indeed benched).

I belong to the camp that trusts BB and refuses to read much into his choice of players on the field. Who, other than BB and the other offensive coaches, knows what reasons BB had in not making Maroney play the entire game?

I belong to the camp that trusts BB and refuses to read much into his choice of players on the field. Who, other than BB and the other offensive coaches, knows what reasons BB had in not making Maroney play the entire game?

I'm with you on this one. We just don't know enough. All that's left is speculation which is just fine, at least it gives us all something to talk about.

Good news on Faulk and Maroney. I was hoping the Pats sat him because he wasn't needed. Come playoff time, Maroney will be the freshest running back out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots