PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney: 166 rushes-0 fumbles; 4.8 yds. per rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Maroney leap-frogging many NFL rushers today with an impressive ending-of-the-year fact: Amongst the NFL leaders in yards per carry along with zero (knock on wood) fumbles. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
bout time we got a positive maroney thread. seems like everytime someone comes out with maroney stats, they are well above average

Yeah, Maroney has been very good and has gotten lots of criticism from dumb people. If Maroney got the carries most #1 backs get, he'd rush for 1200 yards or so.

Maroney should end up with 850 to 900 yards He's at 789 after today's performance.

I was disappointed that they didn't go to Maroney on the 1 and that they went with a pass to Randy, but a score is a score.

Yeah, Maroney has been very good and has gotten lots of criticism from dumb people. If Maroney got the carries most #1 backs get, he'd rush for 1200 yards or so.

Very nice game today. I love to see him in the open field!

I'm hoping he'll be well rested and fresh for a productive post-season.

Maroney should end up with 850 to 900 yards He's at 789 after today's performance.

I was disappointed that they didn't go to Maroney on the 1 and that they went with a pass to Randy, but a score is a score.

I prefer setting records.

Even more impressive is that none of the Pats receivers/runners have coughed up the ball this year. Only Brady, Hobbs and Brown (ST) have put the ball on the ground.

Fumbles are killers and the sure hands of the skill position players have been a key part of the Pats' success.

here's an interesting stat; if you factor in additional carries for maroney to equal the amount of carries that the league leader has, lawrence would have him beat by 225 yds.
its not lookin too good for those who think he's a bust...

Maroney is just starting to reach the cusp of his talent potential.
Were out of the range now for Jake Long but i'd like to see a Tackle brought in to upgrade this unit not only in the run game but on the Passing game as well.
Joey Porter was harassing Tom way too easily tonight.
A very good College recruit RB I used to work with saw a Patriot game at work with me last year and said that Maroney is one of his favorite rb's in the league and think's he can be special.
IF he get's 30 plus carries next week there is no reason he can't eclipse 200 yds.

Good work indeed. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him get a few more touches per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back