Welcome to PatsFans.com

Market Is Reliving Late Stages of 1930′s Depression: Bob Prechter

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 7, 2011.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

From Yahoo finance...

"In other words, if you don't identify with the anger being expressed around the world, check back in with us half-a-decade from now when we're on the other side of a complete and utter meltdown. Prechter is willing to bet you'll be part of those identifying with the disenfranchised by then."

Market Is Reliving Late Stages of 1930

I'll stand by my opinion that in 10-20 years, this will be called an official depression. Of course Bob Prechter's opinion is just his opinion...I just happen to agree with him.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -11

If we restrain the government we can avoid a lost decade economically.

Articles: Vampire Government: How the Left is Sucking the Life out of the Private Economy

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

My "beefs" are with both sides PF13. I agree our gov't (and Europe's) has spent too much, but I also don't want to see the gap between the wealthy and middle class grow any larger than it is.

I could go on an on, but I don't want to make this a left vs. right thread.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -11

The 'gulf' between rich and poor has grown bigger as government has become more powerful.....look it up.

My beef is with both sides also. Dumb and dumber as it were. The Tea Party is the first ray of light for awhile.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

I kinda figured this thread wouldn't get many comments because most Americans are like this when it comes to discussing our economy....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 4 / -2

I hate to say but I'm extremely pesemistic about the ability of government, and the people, to make the necessary changes moving forward. We've got too many unqualified, ignorant, self interested, moronic, partisan, corrupt mofos making decisions for the rest of us. Not to mention that there aren't enough "in the rest of us" who truly have a clue as to what is going on. If it truly is as dire as some predict the future few years to be, then I'm of the mind to withdraw 90% of our forces world wide, eliminate 90% of our foreign aid, and drastically reduce government spending to levels most people in here would cry about. If we're looking at depression like conditions, then it should be America, and Americans first, everybody else last.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +176 / 1 / -10

Shouldn't it be that way even if we're not doing well? After all, the rest of the world's economic condition is not the responsibility of our taxpayers, is it?

On the flip-side...if we cut spending (military and social programs), it will also have negative impact upon spending as jobs will be lost.

I like to criticize our economic policies, but I don't know the "right" answers. If I did, I'd wouldn't be sitting where I am.;)
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 4 / -2

It should be that way, but there are times, and instances, where it's ok to lend a helping hand globally. I think of humanitarian aid, global conflict, famine, genocide, etc. Sometimes it can make sense to help. Being a minimalist, I'd like for our ever reaching hand to be as short as possible.

I think how you cut, what you cut, and who benefits from the cutting is what would determine if there's a negative impact or not. Also, there's the angle of whether or not specific cuts in spending, would trade immediate negatives, into long term positives.