PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Markell Carter released

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the other 2 cuts today, plenty of room for Andre to sign ....

Markell made room for Bo signing

Aww, he was one of the guys I really wanted to succeed.

Seems like the timing is very bad for M.Carter since he just got doctors for his sister in New England and planned for her to stay with him.

I hope it works out for him and he finds success wherever he lands.

Last edited:
With the cutting of Chad Johnson, Opperud, and Tellilo, the Pats had plenty of room to keep Markell Carter.

I am extremely surprised by the number of moves the Pats have been making this off-season.

There are likely lots more moves to come in the next 3 months.

With the cutting of Chad Johnson, Opperud, and Tellilo, the Pats had plenty of room to keep Markell Carter.

I am extremely surprised by the number of moves the Pats have been making this off-season.

I think he was let go to find a job somewhere else. They had a handshake agreement to stay on the PS last year. As a thank you for that, they will let him go to find a job

When the Pats gave Markell Carter a raise in pay to say on the practice squad, the cupboard was relatively bare as far as potential elephant backers were concerned. Since then, they have picked up Trevor Scott, have Jermaine Cunningham and have also acquired two other potential players for the position in the draft in Chandler Jones and Jake Bequette. There is even more competition in the form of Justin Francis who happened to impress one of the local beat writers FWIW.

I guess the Patriots thought there was no room in the inn and have let Carter go early. There was rumoured interest in him from another team last year so hopefully some team extends their hand to him in the coming days.

Why are people surprised?

It just seemed like most, if not all, of the signs were pointing to him being a sleeper. It wouldn't have surprised me if he got cut in September, but for him to be below stars such as Britt Davis and Marcus Harrison in roster spot priority in June surprises me a great deal.

Practice player of the week 7 times last season, significant pay raise, + it's very early in the summer still, etc.

You'd think that he'd at the very least be camp fodder.

Cunningham's job may be looking more secure now. I had the two of them battling it out for the last LB spot personally, although my comment and mistake is tying the two situations together obviously, as they are surely separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back