PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Wilf: Childress will be back in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mark Wilf: Childress will be back in 2009

God damn Jesus mother effenty Christ will the Wilf's ever wake up and realize that one of the biggest problems with the Vikings is the fact that the coach is the most inept brainless fecal matter to walk this Earth since dinosaurs were roaming it.... and to say a T-Rex has more brain cells than Childress too.

... discuss?

Mark Wilf: Childress will be back in 2009

God damn Jesus mother effenty Christ will the Wilf's ever wake up and realize that one of the biggest problems with the Vikings is the fact that the coach is the most inept brainless fecal matter to walk this Earth since dinosaurs were roaming it.... and to say a T-Rex has more brain cells than Childress too.

... discuss?

yup. thats why i was hoping they dont make the playoffs so childress could go.now they are stuck with him for one more yr

Incredible. They have a window over the next two or three years when they can be real contenders with one or two more players (a QB and WR would probably do it). With a good coach they would have a real chance - just spend the money and fire this guy.

Childress has the same glaring weaknesses as his former boss(Andy Reid)-bad clock management skills, even worse 2 minute drill skills, abandons the run game at any given time whether or not it's working, and overall a less-than-stellar game manager. The only difference b/w him and Reid is that the latter has much better personnel to work with(and, of course, he doesn't have Jim Johnson)

It's no coincidence he has these tendencies after working closely with Andy Reid in Philly.

Childress has the same glaring weaknesses as his former boss(Andy Reid)-bad clock management skills, even worse 2 minute drill skills, abandons the run game at any given time whether or not it's working, and overall a less-than-stellar game manager. The only difference b/w him and Reid is that the latter has much better personnel to work with(and, of course, he doesn't have Jim Johnson)

It's no coincidence he has these tendencies after working closely with Andy Reid in Philly.
maybe but i will take reid over childress anyday. he has kept the eagles in contention even with feely and mcnabb and garcia and co. he is clock management issues etc but is a far better gameplanner than childress and most importantly does what he thinks is right unlike childress who forced tavaris jackson on everyone as the next donovan mcnabb taking credit for mcnabb's success and has got nothing out of him so far. i will take reid over childress anyday

maybe but i will take reid over childress anyday. he has kept the eagles in contention even with feely and mcnabb and garcia and co. he is clock management issues etc but is a far better gameplanner than childress and most importantly does what he thinks is right unlike childress who forced tavaris jackson on everyone as the next donovan mcnabb taking credit for mcnabb's success and has got nothing out of him so far. i will take reid over childress anyday

Speaking of more Childress-boneheadedness, here's a snippet from Jason Whitlock. Never was a fan of JW, but can't say I disagree with him here.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL Review - NFL Truths: Peyton's a choker, LT is done in S.D.

3. Tarvaris Jackson ran the ball one time against the Eagles. Why?

Jackson is never going to be a pocket passer. He's not the next Donovan McNabb. Jackson is a tremendous athlete who plays quarterback. Best-case scenario, Jackson pulls off a poor man's three-year impersonation of Michael Vick when Vick was slightly above average as an NFL starter.

Had Jackson converted a few third downs with his legs rather than throwing up a boatload of ducks, the Vikings probably would've upset the Eagles.

Philly did everything it could to keep Minnesota in the game. Memo to Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb: Kevin Curtis is not a deep threat on the edge. Curtis is a slot receiver, a Wes Welker Lite.

You expose Curtis to a playoff team's top two corners and he's highly ineffective. You put Curtis in the slot against a nickel and he can be a difference-maker.

When McNabb threw deep to Curtis on an important, late-game third-down play rather than dumping the ball to a wide-open Brian Westbrook in the flat, I wanted to turn the game off.

Instead of starting a new thread.... let's just use this thread to start a Caption This on Brad Childress.... I'll start it up too.

viking_coach3.jpg

Duh.... dddduuuhhhhhhh..... DDDUUHHHHHH......

I can't think.

I read this stat on playoff teams-30 of the last 32 winners have outrushed their opponents. Last week, the Vikings outrushed the Eagles 3-1(Yah-three to FREAKING one)...but somehow, they still found a way to lose. I mean you hold Westbrook to 38 yards, you win by double digits, right?

More evidence of Childress' incompetence.

BTW-the Vikes aren't exactly a *young* team either. Aside from Tavaris and AP, this unit has alot of veterans, some of which came from Mike Tice. And also-Childress took over a pretty decent 9-7 team, not some losing team in shambles.

Bill Simmons describes my feelings and those of some of my Vikings friends down to a tea

Can 11-0 in the playoffs be done? - ESPN Page 2

Philly's Andy Reid will be battling former assistant Brad Childress on Sunday in a matchup Peter King described as "teacher vs. pupil." Teacher versus pupil???? That explains everything! Do you think Reid tutored Childress in classes like "Screwing Up a Two-Minute Drill," "Hanging Your QB Out to Dry," "Dumb and Possibly Damaging Field-Goal Attempts," "Idiotic Short-Yardage Calls," "Special Teams Collapses," "How To Blow Your Challenges," "Leaving Yourself With No Timeouts" and "How To Remain Calm As You're Getting Booed By Your Own Fans"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes