PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
According to Setterstrom:

Mark Setterstrom
OG | (6'3
3_4.gif
", 314, 5.43) | MINNESOTA

He has only worked out for the Patriots to date. Says he expects to hear from the Bears also. What does this mean...NOTHING. But i read it so i post it.

According to his profile:
Takes a great 1st step.
Has great balance and control
Is sound technically
Extremely good with his hands(Hello Logan Mankins)
He's a zone type blocker which is in the Patriots style.

ESPN has him as the 9th best OG and expects him to go in RD.4 or 5.

Watching him at the Combine, I wound up taking him off my board due to how slow he was in the pulling drills. I like his record, but I don't think he has the mobility to play for the Pats.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Watching him at the Combine, I wound up taking him off my board due to how slow he was in the pulling drills. I like his record, but I don't think he has the mobility to play for the Pats.

Thanks for the input...so it appears this guy...has great tools above the waste and worse than horrible below....not good. Perhaps Belichick had him checked out to cover for someone else he wants to grab in the middle rounds.

He looks really good coming off the ball though. RT possibility?

There is no way this guy can play in space. He has to be an interior guy only. He is probaby the most technically adept OG in the draft. Not a mauler like Andruzzi, but a technician like Neal, only not nearly as strong as Neal.
However his lack of quickness could allow DTs to shoot the gap and that would be bad news for Brady. He's also a little light in the backside, which makes him suspectible to bull rushers, although he can sink his hips fairly well.
With a year under Dante and some time in the S&C program, he could contribute for us.

Ochmed Jones said:
There is no way this guy can play in space. He has to be an interior guy only. He is probaby the most technically adept OG in the draft. Not a mauler like Andruzzi, but a technician like Neal, only not nearly as strong as Neal.
However his lack of quickness could allow DTs to shoot the gap and that would be bad news for Brady. He's also a little light in the backside, which makes him suspectible to bull rushers, although he can sink his hips fairly well.
With a year under Dante and some time in the S&C program, he could contribute for us.

Belichick has that luxury with having a good line already. One would think he's going to draft OG/OT in rds 4 or 5 as well as FA's of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes