Mark Schlereth: "Daryn Colledge most sound technique ot in draft"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
colledge is projected as a second rder
if you read some of his interviews he just sounds like a patriot
if he falls to us in the second round he is def a possibility to be picked up by us and start at rt next yr

I like him and he's the size we usually look for - the only thing is in Pro Football Weekly's book they said he had some really bad interviews and came across as a "self promoting phony".

re

Well, if Mark Schlereth said so, then it must be true! Actually, I meant the exact opposite.

No, thanks.

maverick4 said:
Well, if Mark Schlereth said so, then it must be true! Actually, I meant the exact opposite.

No, thanks.

I'm no Schlereth fan either, but Colledge looks like a player. In fact, this looks to be a terrific tackle draft, with at least 6 or 7 guys that could legitimately play LT in the pros. I'm starting to suspect in fact that the Pats may look at taking another tackle, both for depth this season and so that they could slide Kaczur inside later on. I like Marcus McNeill or Eric Winston if we're going to take a shot at one of the big potential guys in the second round.

Schlereth and Colledge are butt buddies from Alaska. End of story.

re

No wonder Schlereth likes him, read these portions from the interview:

Scott Wright: What NFL offensive linemen do you most admire and who do you think you compare favorably to?
Daryn Colledge: The guy I most admire is someone out of Alaska, Mark Schlereth. He’s a guy who was well respected by his opponents, won championships and did the little things for his team so he’s a guy who I’d like to be compared to one day.

Scott Wright: Who was your favorite college and pro team growing up? Did you have a favorite player?
Daryn Colledge: I’d have to go with Mark Schlereth again as my favorite player and the Denver Broncos were the NFL team I followed. My favorite college team growing up was probably the Miami Hurricanes and I loved watching them back in the day.

Scott Wright: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

Daryn Colledge: One of those laptops that coaches watch film on. I’m a big film guy and always thought those things were cool and I’m tired of tapes and would rather watch it all on DVD

heres a quote from that interview

Being from the North Pole, I wonder if he knows Santa Claus. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back