Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mark Halperin SUSPENDED For Obama 'D*ck' Comment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Jun 30, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

:singing: Speaking of grammar and politics, we should have some fun with this one. Halprin is usually very non partisan so I think he was just being honest about his take on Obama's address yesterday.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Obama was a dick ... calling people making 250K jet owners so he could push the class envy issue. It costs around 1 million a year to own and use a jet.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Holy Cripes!!

MrP and I were watching Morning Joe today and caught this whole thing....Mark Halprin, Morning Joe, Meika, the sound guy, the camera guy, in fact, everyone on stage and off stage apologized profusely at least 10 times during the show.

I'm surprised.

And "indefinitely," no less.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Thats MSNBC for you, suspending him for ""telling it like it is" if he had called Bush a "Dick" MSNBC would have given him a bonus a medal and Andrea Mitchell would have givien him a hand job.

I bet Mush Mouth Matthews had to be sedated after that one.
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well, the cynic in me thinks no one can escape the wrath of MSNBC for criticizing Obama:rolleyes: Seriously, I think the indefinite suspension is a panic move designed as a preemptive strike against those that would blame MSNBC.
  6. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

i dont think that is true.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

..........:rofl::rofl::rofl:...........
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I've gone through the entire transcript and the question and answer session and I can't find a thing where Obama calls people making 250K "jet owners.' I can't even find anywhere where he mentions the specific figure 250K. And any "jet owner" he refers to is always a "corporate jet owner."

Here's what he had to say about jet owners and millionaires and billionaires - but nothing about people making 250K.

There’s been a lot of discussion about revenues and raising taxes in recent weeks, so I want to be clear about what we’re proposing here. I spent the last two years cutting taxes for ordinary Americans, and I want to extend those middle-class tax cuts. The tax cuts I’m proposing we get rid of are tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires; tax breaks for oil companies and hedge fund managers and corporate jet owners.

It would be nice if we could keep every tax break there is, but we’ve got to make some tough choices here if we want to reduce our deficit. And if we choose to keep those tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires, if we choose to keep a tax break for corporate jet owners, if we choose to keep tax breaks for oil and gas companies that are making hundreds of billions of dollars, then that means we’ve got to cut some kids off from getting a college scholarship. That means we’ve got to stop funding certain grants for medical research. That means that food safety may be compromised. That means that Medicare has to bear a greater part of the burden. Those are the choices we have to make.

So the bottom line is this: Any agreement to reduce our deficit is going to require tough decisions and balanced solutions. And before we ask our seniors to pay more for health care, before we cut our children’s education, before we sacrifice our commitment to the research and innovation that will help create more jobs in the economy, I think it’s only fair to ask an oil company or a corporate jet owner that has done so well to give up a tax break that no other business enjoys. I don’t think that’s real radical. I think the majority of Americans agree with that.

And here's the link to everything that was said - perhaps you can point out to me where he calls people making 250K "jet owners," coz I can't find it.

http://politisite.com/2011/06/29/pr...erencecampaign-speech-june-29-2011-full-text/

Thanks.
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +295 / 6 / -5

Class envy?

Get outta here with that nonsense.
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Okay ....... :scared:
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

So did Obama actually say that or not?

Or was it something you read somewhere that said he said that?
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +295 / 6 / -5

MSNBC should have suspended Halperin a long time ago. Not for anything in particular, but because he's an absolute joke of a political "analyst."
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

You have to put a few stories together Mrs. PF ...
    Obama knew what he was doing and saying - thinking he wasn't is a bit naive politically.

Note To Obama: $250,000-a-Year Earners Can’t Afford Jets - The Wealth Report - WSJ

14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

for example......
  15. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +295 / 6 / -5

That's funny.

WSJ loves to whine about the deficit/debt, and then piles on Obama when he actually lays out ideas for solving the problem.

So, to reiterate, nowhere did Obama say that 250k+ earners were jet owners. Thanks.
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

He inferred it ... come on now ... don't play the syntax game.
  17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

yeah because people who have to pay more taxes are happy to do it and stay in this country. :bricks:
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obama isn't a d!ck...

Sticking up for millionaires who refuse to share ANY of the burden of this economiic crisis is the definition of being a 'd!ck'....

Things that d!cks say:

"We need to cut teachers pay, education, pensions, police and fire departments. But taxing millionaires is OFF THE TABLE."

This is the modern day "let them have cake" for all you d!cks out there that don't get it.

How excatly is Obama a 'd!ck' for calling out d!ckish behavior?
  19. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +295 / 6 / -5

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Here's the WSJ's little "clarification."

CLARIFICATION: An earlier headline stated that “Obama Calls People Making $250,000 ‘Jet Owners.’” While his comments referred to the Democratic effort to close a tax loophole for jet owners, known as “accelerate depreciation,” the jet comment is part of the administration’s broader efforts to raise taxes on the wealthy, defined as those making $250,000 or more.

Which should read, if the WSJ is at all concerned about honesty:

CLARIFICATION: An earlier headline stated that “Obama Calls People Making $250,000 ‘Jet Owners.’” While his comments referred to the Democratic effort to close a tax loophole for corporation jet owners, known as “accelerate depreciation,” we would like you to believe that the jet comment is part of the administration’s broader efforts to raise taxes on the wealthy, defined as those making $250,000 or more even though corporations and individuals are two different things.

And yes, you are right, there are a few stories which need to be put together - knowing where the WSJ stands in regards to all things Obama would be one of those back-stories a reader should take into consideration.