PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marion Barber's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
3.9 AVG

His stats aren't terribly bad (for a 4th round pick) and Laurence Maroney's better back!

The Minnesota OL is a really good OL, but that doesn't mean the backs aren't good too.

The fact that the Pats went to Minnesota to check out Barber last year but ended up being more interested in Maroney is very telling.

yea he had the 80 yard game and the 150 yard game last year..he'll be a pretty good back once given enough of a chance.

Barber will be the cowboys starter this year. the fact that the Cowboys were trying to trade Julius jones shows alot.

R_T26 said:
Barber will be the cowboys starter this year. the fact that the Cowboys were trying to trade Julius jones shows alot.

good to hear..I like Barber, but I like Maroney about 200x more. But yea, I wouldn't doubt if Barber becomes a 1000 yard back.

R_T26 said:
Not sure where you're getting that info but I don't think you're right.

there was a rumor the cowboys were trying to trade him to the jets

Jets | Rumor alert: No trade for J. Jones
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:59:55 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets did not trade for Dallas Cowboys RB Julius Jones during the first round of the NFL Draft. Apparently there had

zippo59 said:
The fact that the Pats went to Minnesota to check out Barber last year but ended up being more interested in Maroney is very telling.

Reminds me of back in the early 60's, couple of Bruin scouts went up to scout a player named Rick Green of the Oshawa Generals, but came away more impressed by a defenseman named...what was his name???? Oh yeah - Bobby Orr.

Minnesota is becoming RB University. Barber is definitely looking like a starting-caliber back. Maroney looks like the real deal. And this kid Gary Russell could be a 1st rounder next year if he improves his grades.

Last edited:
In addition I am going to take a leap of faith and say BB/SP are knowledgeable enough about football and scouting to be able to differentiate what is Maroney and what it is his line/system on film and in person.

R_T26 said:

Funny thing about Julius Jones...

He's missed 11 games in 2 seasons. He's only had 4 100-yard games at the NFL level. When he did break 100, he was phenomenal (140+). However, he's done little in the games in between those great performances. That's why it wouldn't have shocked me if Dallas had went for DeAngelo Williams or Maroney with their #18 pick in the 2006 draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye