PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mario Williams at it again...poking fun at former Patriots player Hernandez

First of all, I think a lot of people tend to forget that football (and most competitive sports in general) is really a childlike game. How "grown up" is it for young men to chase a ball around for a living, hitting each other as hard as they can get away with? How "grown up" are some of the fans? The big thing is this: how friggin' politically correct does this country aspire to be? Who exactly does this picture hurt?

The increasingly PC culture in this country is ridiculous, but it continues to escalate even though a lot of people realize how bogus it really is...being judgmental out of context is the way to go...

I didn't read the entire thread, but you also have THIS going on, as though Mario Williams has a lot to do with Hernandez's case:

Y! SPORTS

Keep in mind that these pictures were taken well before Hernandez "allegedly" went postal, but still you have this kind of reporting. The Internet, kids...the Internet.

The ironic part is that I was playing Grand Theft Auto for a few hours, turned it off, then saw this picture right away...I kid you not.

"While many young people every year set their goals on becoming NFL players, it is extremely difficult to reach that level. Statistically of the 100,000 high school seniors who play football every year, only 215 will ever make an NFL roster. That is 0.2%! Even of the 9,000 players that make it to the college level only 310 are invited to the NFL scouting combine, the pool from which teams make their draft picks."

http://www.nflpa.org/Faqs/NFL_HopefulsFaq.aspx

Hernandez is a moron...so is Williams...these idiots have no idea how fortunate they were in the gene pool lottery. I busted my azz to get what I have today and I'm still grinding it out. These *****heads play at real life like it's some kind of joke.

"While many young people every year set their goals on becoming NFL players, it is extremely difficult to reach that level. Statistically of the 100,000 high school seniors who play football every year, only 215 will ever make an NFL roster. That is 0.2%! Even of the 9,000 players that make it to the college level only 310 are invited to the NFL scouting combine, the pool from which teams make their draft picks."

http://www.nflpa.org/Faqs/NFL_HopefulsFaq.aspx

Hernandez is a moron...so is Williams...these idiots have no idea how fortunate they were in the gene pool lottery. I busted my azz to get what I have today and I'm still grinding it out. These *****heads play at real life like it's some kind of joke.

Hernandez is an idiot granted, but how exactly can Mario Williams be put in the same sentence? Mario hasn't done anything near career threatening; in fact, he's the highest paid defensive player in the league last time I checked. He's never been in trouble of any kind that I know of, let alone facing more than one murder beef.

I have a good feeling that both these guys know exactly how lucky they were to wind up in the NFL with lucrative contracts. They actually went through the system...do you think that they weren't schooled about this in college? They SAW most all of their friends and teammates they played with not make it firsthand, too.

I figure that a great deal of NFL players let the notoriety, favoritism, and whatnot that goes along with being a football "hero" go to their heads in some capacity, especially when they are just kids really. A lot probably feel entitled and take things for granted, no doubt...even if that doesn't manifest itself somehow, it's probably true, or so I would project.

Haha, what's the big deal? Hernandez isn't even a Patriot anymore, so who cares?

Hernandez is an idiot granted, but how exactly can Mario Williams be put in the same sentence? He's never been in trouble of any kind that I know of, let alone facing more than one murder beef.

My opinion is Mario Williams is a $h!thead. He had the choice to keep his fat mouth shut and he took the narcissistic, "pound the chest and look at me" route....if you don't like my opinion, sorry, can't help you with that...

mariowilliamstwo062713resize.jpg

Oh!!there's our hero, Mario!!! Look at that kids , he's got his M-16 with the custom made silencer on it!! Yay, let's have fun with Mario and his machine gun!!!

what's willaims planning, to join the Navy SEALs after his career?

My opinion is Mario Williams is a $h!thead. He had the choice to keep his fat mouth shut and he took the narcissistic, "pound the chest and look at me" route....if you don't like my opinion, sorry, can't help you with that...

mariowilliamstwo062713resize.jpg

Oh!!there's our hero, Mario!!! Look at that kids , he's got his M-16 with the custom made silencer on it!! Yay, let's have fun with Mario and his machine gun!!!

what's willaims planning, to join the Navy SEALs after his career?

Well, he IS a licensed law officer in Texas, not a Navy SEAL. That's a true fact.

That picture you posted here was taken well before this whole Hernandez situation happened. Did you know that? What difference would that make, anyway?

So what? How is this "pounding his chest?" He's just sharing his interests with other people that may share them, not advocating violence or shooting people in the streets. I already learned that shooting people in the streets is really cool from playing Grand Theft Auto, anyway.

Who the hell cares if he likes guns? A lot of people do, and it's perfectly in line with the law. He's also a hunter...better keep that one under his hat, eh? He's supposed to keep the fact that he digs guns a secret? Why? I'd shoot that gun if somebody handed it to me...shooting cans, or whatever they do. I'm no "gun person" either. Never shot a real gun.

What is your problem with this? I don't understand. Is it the kids?

My problem with it is I don't NEED to hear Mario William's stupid, uber-moronic ,narcissistic opinions ON ANYTHING....he took this opportunity to run his IDIOTIC mouth when NO ONE asked him his opinion or CARES what the hell his opinion is anyway. Play football and keep your big mouth shut about things that don't concern you....he can't do this because he's a malignantly crippled, dwarf brained idiot.

My problem with it is I don't NEED to hear Mario William's stupid, uber-moronic ,narcissistic opinions ON ANYTHING....he took this opportunity to run his IDIOTIC mouth when NO ONE asked him his opinion or CARES what the hell his opinion is anyway. Play football and keep your big mouth shut about things that don't concern you....he can't do this because he's a malignantly crippled, dwarf brained idiot.

Wow...just wow, dude.

Mario posted these things on his personal page. Some other asswipe "reporter" looked at his personal page and had to write a story about it, so I guess your real beef is with them, the reporters. Tell me how that doesn't make all the sense in the world.

And Mario is narcissistic because he likes guns? You aren't making sense here. If I have a Facebook page and post that I like porkchops and applesauce, does that make me narcissistic? Does posting your opinion on this board make you narcissistic? Stupid yeah, but narcissistic? And your comment that he should stick to "things that concern him" is ridiculous...does THIS concern YOU? The fact that he likes guns DOES concern him. People need to check with the PC police before making a joke?

Or is he just not allowed to have is own personal page?

Maybe YOU should keep your big mouth shut because nobody cares about what YOU think. Before you flip out sideways, I'm just making a point...how is it different for YOU to express YOUR opinion on the Internet than Mario? The guy didn't even really "say" anything, either, did he?

I like the way you've sidestepped my points of this stupid argument along the way, too. Hey, if you get beat on a few points here, just make it about something else.

I'm not sidestepping any of your little straw man points...I told you...in plain English...THAT is my opinion of the man...if you want me to feel differently about him for some warped fanboy reason all I can say is...how does it feel to want?

end of story...finito...over and out..

I'm not sidestepping any of your little straw man points...I told you...in plain English...THAT is my opinion of the man...if you want me to feel differently about him for some warped fanboy reason all I can say is...how does it feel to want?

end of story...finito...over and out..

Of course you've sidestepped the reasonable points that I've made...every single one of them, really. It's all right above here. Read it again. If you've run out of ammunition, perhaps you need to reload or get a bigger gun.

And you'd better get your mind straight, because Tebow time is coming with a vengeance. Tebow farts into the wind, and you've got a team of a thousand reporters covering that. Perhaps he should "keep his mouth shut" about loving ************, I suppose...perhaps according to you...

Your whole problem here is yours...your own problem...but it's not really with the player, but with the media. Also with the Internet. Get it straight. Wait and see, Joker.

Didn't people in the BUF organization actually comment and claim that it was a bit of a tasteless and moronic move right off the bat? What is the big debate? Why draw even more attention to yourself or your pathetic team?

As far as M.Williams--again, he did the same thing last yr when he first arrived in Buffalo when he put the Super Mario Bros pic on his avatar, having Brady or the Patriots related in some way. From what I remember, that didn't work out very well for him, but I can't say I'm shocked at his stupidity 2 yrs in a row.

What he needs to do is worry about his own pathetic ass team who is in absolute rebuilding mode and decided to take a QB who has questionable accuracy at best with a super high pick.

Of all of the concerns that we have that are football related, the Buffalo Bills team is just about at the very bottom of my list.

I have no problem with Williams and his poke at AH. But every time he gets noticed in the media, his " I'm suing an ex-fiance to get back the 750K engagement ring" story gets mentioned again.
:rofl:

He's even dumber than Hernandez.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back