PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marino vs Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread would be just like trying to compare Manning to Montana.

I'm not going to be a homer here. I love Tommy Boy and he is definitely one of the top QBs all time to me, but Marino wins this one because of one simple thing: he ******* smoked the '85 Bears defense. Ladies and gentlemen, I remember that defense and it was the best D I've ever seen in my life. I haven't seen anything like it before or since (wasn't alive for the Steel Curtain). Marino completely destroyed them that night, something I don't think Brady with his best offense at his disposal would be able to do. Marino never had the defense behind him to win a Super Bowl either. Brady had ours with Belichick's complex defensive scheme.

I'm not going to be a homer here. I love Tommy Boy and he is definitely one of the top QBs all time to me, but Marino wins this one because of one simple thing: he ******* smoked the '85 Bears defense. Ladies and gentlemen, I remember that defense and it was the best D I've ever seen in my life. I haven't seen anything like it before or since (wasn't alive for the Steel Curtain). Marino completely destroyed them that night, something I don't think Brady with his best offense at his disposal would be able to do. Marino never had the defense behind him to win a Super Bowl either. Brady had ours with Belichick's complex defensive scheme.
I remember watching that game and thinking the same thing. I also think that the Bears were ripe for the picking that one time only in Miami. At the same time, you can't base this comparison on that game only. In the end, it all comes down to rings, and I daresay that Mr. Brady just might have a fistful when he's said and done. That in itself would put him at the top of the heap IMO.

THanks for the objectiveness. I saw a lot of Marino in his later days and didn't have the luxury of seeing him when he was just a kid. I sure do recall him shreding plenty of defenses in the 90's though, what a pleasure to watch. As Fryar says, he never had a real good defense or a lick of a running back.

Marino is not the best ever outside of Florida. Brady will be the better QB if he isn't already.

I love how I can stay out of a thread and yet it's all about me. HAHA! It's funny I have that great of an influence. It may be one of my friends for all I know, bu tI do know it's not me, so just know that.

As for all of you calling Brady better than Marino, I would agree that the 2 aren't even close. Comparing Brady to Marino is simply comical, it's a slap in the face to the greatest passer ever. Brady isn't even one of the top 10 passers and Marino is the best, Brady played for better teams, how does that make him better?

Anyone who considers Marino the best QB of all time has had a head injury. Brady is a different type of QB than Marino, so its tough to compare. All I know is in the big game, Brady would toy with Marino.

Anyone who considers Marino the best QB of all time has had a head injury. Brady is a different type of QB than Marino, so its tough to compare. All I know is in the big game, Brady would toy with Marino.

Yep, thinking the man who threw the ball better than any one, and had the quickest release ever is definitely dumb. :rolleyes: Just because he didn't have a team around him doesn't mean he wasn't great.

I think he means that it's dumb to consider Marino the best considering his postseason underacheiving. I'll drink to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back