PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marino had to beg Peyton to interview with Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFLN reported that the Fins are officially out of the running for Manning and that he's going to do a workout for the Broncos and Titans. Not sure about the Cards.

Schefter is reporting it only as the Broncos. They are flying in Bowlen, Elway, Fox, the GM and the docs. Everyone but Tebow. And on 3:16 of all days...

Sounds like the Cardinals are out of it too. Wisenhut and Fitz had to be tantalizing but if the family really prefers he and Eli remain in seperate conferences, oh well...They have to make a decision on Kolb's option by 4PM today too so Tennessee jumping in late probably killed their timeline.

If Tennessee is still in it they are driving the contract price with that whatever it takes offer and this visit is probably the one where Denver has to decide it they can match it ofr close. Some think that Ashley being from Tennessee may be a factor, but I doubt it. She knows the drill and she knows he will be working from home for a Network in 3-4 years tops and she wouldn't want to live with him for the next couple of seasons if he's frustrated by a limited option she foisted on him.

That absentee owner fromHouston is older than dirt like Ralph too and who knows if he has a succession plan. I think Elway will front any new ownership group in Denver if it comes to that. Manning might be intrigued with being an owner in Tennessee one day, but I doubt he's ready to be the owner if the old coot kicks in the next year or so. League wouldn't allow him to be unless he was out of the game. Lots to mull over...

Yes NFLN is saying only the Broncos as well. This might be a board the plane for the press conference in Denver or stay for the press conference with the Titans deal.

At the end of all this NFLN should schedule a live prime-time special, where the head coaches of remaining suitors gather. The first two hours show video of Manning's various visits, conversations, etc. Then Peyton walks out from behind a curtain and hands one of them a rose.

At the end of all this NFLN should schedule a live prime-time special, where the head coaches of remaining suitors gather. The first two hours show video of Manning's various visits, conversations, etc. Then Peyton walks out from behind a curtain and hands one of them a rose.

Oh my goodness, this is funny.

Last edited:
Yes NFLN is saying only the Broncos as well. This might be a board the plane for the press conference in Denver or stay for the press conference with the Titans deal.

That would be a big Tits win!

Schefter is reporting it only as the Broncos. They are flying in Bowlen, Elway, Fox, the GM and the docs. Everyone but Tebow. And on 3:16 of all days...

PWP: Heh!

That absentee owner fromHouston is older than dirt like Ralph too and who knows if he has a succession plan. I think Elway will front any new ownership group in Denver if it comes to that. Manning might be intrigued with being an owner in Tennessee one day, but I doubt he's ready to be the owner if the old coot kicks in the next year or so. League wouldn't allow him to be unless he was out of the game. Lots to mull over...

Wondering if Mo really hates older folk :(

stop wondering, PWP....

3/16 just a coincidence?...this should be worth about a week of ESPN conspiracy theorisms

A couple comments on the subject....first, if he goes to AZ arent they over the cap? Cant you see a trade for Adrian Wilson to the Pats?? Second, why isnt anyone speculating on Manning to NO? They havent extended Brees, its Peyton and Archie's home town...I can see him coming in for a significant home town discount. Dome. Great WRs. Good team. NO can cut bait with Brees, he isnt that much younger. Thats a ripple that would make for alot of waves.

Just a guess but probably because it's not going to happen. Why would NO want to pay the same money to a guy who is older and coming off a year of inactivity and uncertainty and doesn't know their system when they could don't want to pay it to the guy it was built around... Franchise QB's are a fraternity, Manning isn't going to displace one. Denver, AZ, Miami, Tennessee don't have one. Not to mention Manning and Brees have the same agent.

And all teams had to be under the cap on 3/13. They can be over it from now on until the day before the season starts. Then if they can't or won't get under by cutting or restructuring the league just starts voiding contracts signed beginning with the most recent.

When the Titans recently signed All Pro OL Steve Hutchinson to a 3 year contract,It gives me a serious feeling that Peyton is headed back to his homeland of Tennessee to finish his career.

Peyton and Hutchinson are known to be friends and besides,Hutchinson is still one of the best in the league at protecting the QB and Manning will need LOTS of protection with that neck.

Both Hutchinson and Manning also have Condon as their agent.

Its looking pretty strong that Manning is going to be a Tennessee Titan

Last edited:
Re: BJGE-If he walks......

mortreport: Filed to ESPN: Third team in Manning race that has emerged is 49ers - Manning worked out for Harbaugh & took physical this week #NFL32

I still don't understand why Jax, KC & SF didn't get in on this. Neither of those teams have franchise QBs either; they all have pretty good defenses & running games; and they all usually have better December weather than Denver, whose defense & running game is not of the caliber of the aforementioned 3.

And is Miami's ownership really that objectionabe to PayaTon the ultimate control freak, that he would forego the best weather for an AFC team who doesn't already have big bucks committed to the QB position (so SD, Oaksterdam & Houston are out) in the AFC, and whose defense & running game is just as good as the 2 teams that he's still considering?

I understand why Arizona (& prob. SF, if they were even interested) is likely just a price-raising dead end;
a Manning v. Manning SB is the family orgasm, after all. But Miami, Jax & KC should've all come out with
guns a-blazing.

p.s.: I also agree that Tennessee will be PayaTon's eventual landing spot.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why Jax, KC & SF didn't get in on this.

KC reportedly offered him a contract right away, SF has met with him and given him a physical, and is apparently going to be at his workout today.

I doubt Manning did anything but chuckle at any Jacksonville overtures.

Jeez, the 49ers are sneaky. Manning to Moss? Blech.

I do not want to watch Randy Moss have a "turn-back-the-clock" season with Peyton Manning throwing him the ball.

I was unaware that SF is attending his workout. Good on them if they are.
KC should be calling their travel agent, too.

I realize that Jax is a joke right now, but what if they're the team who moves to LA,
and PayaTon is the One who leads them to the Promised LAnd?

manning to moss..:eek: moss may finally get his superbowl if that happens

manning to moss..:eek: moss may finally get his superbowl if that happens

I'd love to see Moss get a ring...but as far as I'm concerned the Manning family has won 3 too many already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back