PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marine Color Guard not allowed to stay to watch Superbowl [resolved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marine Color Guard not allowed to stay to watch Superbowl

I personally do not like all the nationalism at sporting events and would really like to see it go away. But if they're going to put on a patriotic show and wave the flag and all that then kicking Marines out of the stadium before the game starts seems to be about as hypocritical as you can get.

I agree. I don't like the military nationalism at sporting events. It's the kind of thing more often seen in military dictatorships than in democracies. Nonetheless, if we're going to do it, it's absurd not to let those Marines watch the game. My guess is the NFL will quickly back down, and allow those troops to watch the game.

I agree. I don't like the military nationalism at sporting events. It's the kind of thing more often seen in military dictatorships than in democracies. Nonetheless, if we're going to do it, it's absurd not to let those Marines watch the game. My guess is the NFL will quickly back down, and allow those troops to watch the game.

Back to the Political forum with you, Patters. :cool:

Wildo and Patters:rolleyes: Who would of guessed?

While you are at it why don't you lobby to stop the National Anthem at all sporting events?

My question is simple..is this a NEW policy of the NFL OR is this just that for some reason it's policy is brought to light THIS year?? If it's been the standard policy for many years...then it;s not a good one BUT one that has been the norm..IF it is a change..why the change?? I think that is important to know.

Mods: If this is in the wrong place, please move it. I just figured the readership might be interested in this little gem.

I was incredulous when I read this, and after further searching, it seems to be quite true. Every year, the color guard provided by the military for the National Anthem to open the game is given complimentary seating, or at least allowed standing room to watch the game. Not this year.

The Thunder Run: Are You Ready to Get Angry?

What makes this petty to my mind is that Pat Tillman, a former Cardinal, lost his life in Afghanistan while deployed as a member of the Army Rangers.

Maybe I'm being a little petty here, but the Department of Defense is a BIG time sponsor of the Superbowl, as well as the NFL, and it just seems to me that the offer of watching the game should be returned.

Respects,

If you want this changed, get this info to Florio ASAP at Profootballtalk.com - You can E-Mail him the info under his "scoop" link I think, he will read it and then do as he so pleases, but there is a good chance he will post it - If we all do it, there is a bigger chance.

The other thing is to get it to Reiss.

Here is Florio's e-mail - [email protected]

Last edited:

I know they don't have to let Marines, or anyone for that matter, stay and watch the game, but then why invite them? That's like inviting your grandparents over to your house to say grace for thanksgiving, but telling them they can't eat and have to leave.

:yeahthat:

How about we all put our views on the military display aside before the thread gets yanked to the political forum, and instead everybody just agree that this is hypocritical crap. Invite them or don't, but don't ask them to travel in for a photo op to make yourself look good then kick them to the curb. Show some common courtesy.

How about we all put our views on the military display aside before the thread gets yanked to the political forum, and instead everybody just agree that this is hypocritical crap. Invite them or don't, but don't ask them to travel in for a photo op to make yourself look good then kick them to the curb. Show some common courtesy.

Yes. I would say the same for anyone they have participate in the game's ceremonies. Are they not going to let Springsteen watch the game either?

Yes. I would say the same for anyone they have participate in the game's ceremonies. Are they not going to let Springsteen watch the game either?

Exactly. I vividly remember Jordan Sparks being shown on camera watching the game with her parents in a box after she sang last year. While it COULD have been that her Dad used to play for them, I imagine it was either given to them by the NFL or possibly Fox.

I heard back from Florio, and he's checking with the NFL to find out if it is true.

So, no need for anyone else to e-mail him anymore - He's working on it.

:ditto::agree::yeahthat:

I heard back from Florio, and he's checking with the NFL to find out if it is true.

So, no need for anyone else to e-mail him anymore - He's working on it.

Florio --- everybody says they hate the guy because he is a smear job gossip. But everyone reads him. And he is the first guy we think of sending something to if we want bring attention to an issue.

Florio --- everybody says they hate the guy because he is a smear job gossip. But everyone reads him. And he is the first guy we think of sending something to if we want bring attention to an issue.

Yea, He's s good guy - He just plays both sides (that's his Job and how he makes a living), you can hate him in one post and love him in another. But if you want to get to the bottom of something and reach a lot of people, there is no better outlet than his site.

Plus, he hates ESPN. That's one good quality. :)

sounds crappy, but I am going to reserve judgement until the facts are out.........it just seems out of line with what has been a consistent NFL policy..............the last thing they need to be doing is alienating the football-watching blue collar part of society......

sounds crappy, but I am going to reserve judgement until the facts are out.........it just seems out of line with what has been a consistent NFL policy..............the last thing they need to be doing is alienating the football-watching blue collar part of society......
I agree about waiting for the facts..IS this a NEW policy OR just one that hs been going on for years...SO far THAT is NOT known..

I personally do not like all the nationalism at sporting events and would really like to see it go away.

Seconded. Theres no reason for it.

Oh, don't worry...they'll have plenty of free seats/boxes for the the celebs.

Last edited:

IIRC each player on every NFL team is given two tickets but they aren't allowed to scalp them ( see Tice, M. for reference). It would be cool if a few players who aren't going to the game decided to donate them to the Color Guard....
Just my suggestion.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back