Welcome to PatsFans.com

Marijuana legalization?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInEaglesLand, Nov 7, 2012.

1. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -11

#37 Jersey

Now that it's passed in Washington and Colorado, how is this going to work with Marijuana still being against federal law?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm guessing the feds will have to go along and decriminalize weed sooner or later. As soon as the prison industry and Big Pharma are isolated from the issue. That won't be easy as the campaign $$$ problem again rears it's ugly head.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

As much as I agree with legalization, not sure if right now is the right time to sanction it unless it is agreed upon by all.. perhaps it has to be approached as some super money saving bill that will somehow reduce the deficit and cut taxes... which it possibly could have.

In RI there has been hesitation to implement the medical marijuana bill we previously passed, because of the threats of the feds who said they will prosecute..
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Darryl - Sounds like the fears in RI are similar to what has happened in CA, with the Feds superseding state laws and busting growers and state shops.

I assume the same fear would apply here in MA with our passing of it last night.

Very sad that we are fighting the boogey monster that this is.

Tax it like booze and tobacco (which are both way more dangerous).
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Great job!

This will put to rest the dumb fears about pot. The Pivot just happened. This was a benchmark election on a lot of levels, this being one.

Can't wait for the ads, that have to legally claim the side effects...

Warning: can cause non violence, and 'chillin', may make you think "They KNOW", Red, or blood shot eyes, might cause one to have "The Munchies" and watch japanimation. Users of pot may experience "Lazer shows", or frequent 3-D movies.
  6. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +65 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's overrated. Sure it creates jobs if that's what you want to call them. Wait until you go to your first neighbor who's house literally makes your whole block smell like a Forrest of Ghanja.
    Their only allowed to grow so much? Yeah right, go upstairs and and see the second addition where they grow the rest. Their going camping this weekend? No their not, their taking a drive to Ohio with their excess to sell for Over 5000 dollars a pound.

The big thing here is to keep it in legalized shops and not outsource to private homeowners to grow for these shops like California has done. It's near impossible to regulate and monitor when this happens.

These medical marijuana shops are big business but I find it funny that people are in the most pain on new years eve. Line down the block.
  7. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Sounds scary.

EDIT - Reminds me of those other scary people....Moonshiners.
  8. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As a non user I would like to say, it's about time. There are so many sketchy products that are being sold over the counter as an alternative. Products that are truly dangerous. Tax it and sell it, chip away at that 16T.
  9. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I completely tore the 3 ligament connections in my ankle a week ago Saturday. Dr gave me a perscription for 35 Oxycontin pills.....

Do you think I ever had that filled :)?
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

The one thing I'll say about pot is that if you want to be unmotivated, smoke some pot. That stuff will remove every ounce of motivation from you.

Now, if you can wait til the end of the work day, then it's fine. But if I owned a company and found employees smoking pot during work hours, I'd let them go the same as if I found out they were drinking on the job.

BTW...I'm all for complete legalization of it.
  11. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

As they should.

Its work. Not play.

Now if your business was say a restaurant...you would never have any cooks :)
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

agreed, you'd do the same thing if you found some employees DRINKING on the job. Its certainly less harmful than drinking, and something that should be consumed while NOT working, driving or operating any machinery.

Its cleared for medicinal use in Cali, and its not really a cause for any concern.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

Take a look at you prescription again. I'd bet it's for Oxycodone, not oxycontin....2 different drugs.

It's probably the generic for percocets.

I got 60 oxycodones when I pinched a never in my neck a few years back. I had to throw away about 45 of them. Too tempting for me.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

OT: I had nerve damage in my back and got the script for them...honestly they didn't work. I just stopped taking them.

Know what DID work?

Pot.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

Like I've said, I support FULL legalization as in the same way alcohol is legal.

I'm not concerned at all. More concerned that it's not legal.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

I'm a recovering alky-druggie as I've discussed before....but I also tried smoking pot instead of the pain killers.

Got so paranoid, I didn't know what to do. I hadn't had any kind of buzz in 20 years. I just wanted the stuff to wear off...then I wanted some ice cream.

BTW...the pain killers worked, but I didn't sleep well and had crazy dreams.
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

PR,
    I know about your journey, and I applaud your strength. I also know there are a few who post here that are along with you. Mad props, player.

I think the paranoia is a lot like what is called an "angry drunk". If your reaction is that way, you shouldnt consume the drug.

Thats just how I roll.
  18. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

You sir are correct. My mistake...it was the ....codone.

I just checked the unfilled script sheet in my work bag.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

If it isn't fun, don't do it...otherwise you must be addicted.

Good thought process HD....common sense doesn't apply to an addict though. Once we realize what you wrote, its too late.
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -10

Almost everyone makes that mistake unless they're Oxy addicts. I've heard many people say to me, "Yeah, my doc gave me a scrpt for Oxies". And I tell them to check the name again.