PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Vick seems like a D***!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Marcus decides to accept the suspension and use next year to demonstrate some maturity, or if he'll just declare himself eligible for the Draft.

Seems like the smart thing to do would be to accept the suspension and attempt to restore his reputation - so I'm guessing he jumps to the NFL.

Wondering if anyone has a guess where he might be taken. The kid's obviously talented, but is clearly a behavior problem waiting to happen... though I don't doubt that a few veterans in training camp might decide to pull the old "soap in a sock" routine to let him know what they think of his attitude problem.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-sports-vicksuspend,0,6225050.story?coll=dp-sports-local

Virginia Tech will suspend quarterback Marcus Vick for an undetermined number of games next season if he returns to school, according to two sources within the athletic department who wished to remain anonymous. The suspension is the result of Vick stomping on a Louisville player's leg in the first half of Monday's Gator Bowl.

If Vick doesn't accept the suspension, he will either have to transfer to another school or turn pro.

This is latest controversy for Vick, a junior who is a Warwick High graduate and the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick. He was convicted on Aug. 3, 2004 of reckless driving and marijuana possession. The same day, Virginia Tech suspended him for the fall 2004 semester.

Tech suspended Vick for the 2004 season because of the August convictions and because he was convicted in May 2004 on three charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The charges stemmed from a Jan. 27, 2004 incident at Vick's Blacksburg apartment. The incident involved three teenage girls, Vick and teammates Brenden Hill and Mike Imoh.

Vick, 21, re-enrolled at Tech in January 2005. He won the starting job and led the Hokies to an 11-2 season, which ended with a 35-24 win over Louisville in Jacksonville, Fla. For the season, his first as a full-time starter, Vick completed 61.2 percent of his passes for 2,393 yards, 17 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. During a game at West Virginia on Oct. 1, Vick flipped his middle finger to fans behind Tech's sideline.

He apologized in a statement the next day. "What I did was wrong and I am sorry," he said. "My goal is to be the leader of this team and do things the right way."

Marcus Vick reminds me of Ryan Leaf. Great talent, but too full of himself.

My guess is that, if he declares, he won't go until in the later rounds unless someone is stupid enough to think they can change him. Well, wait. Bradway might draft him in the 1st round.

DaBruinz said:

My guess is that, if he declares, he won't go until in the later rounds unless someone is stupid enough to think they can change him. Well, wait. Bradway might draft him in the 1st round.

I saw another site that said if he went he'd be taken in the 3rd round

One might think that some would learn a lesson from the Mo Clarret situation but chances are someone decides he's worth a shot and decides to take him then, or even higher to make sure they get him.

DaBruinz said:

He will be in the alley with Clarett soon. This guy is a bum :mad:

warjag said:
He will be in the alley with Clarett soon. This guy is a bum :mad:
Saw the play. The guy is a classless, clueless, heartless, no good piece of dog doo. If anyone takes him, they had better count on losing him to some sort of new felony conviction or to random drug testing suspensions. Perfect fit for the Raiders!

If he declares I'm guessing Atlanta takes him in the fourth as a WR. Maybe big bro can shape him up.

KDPpatsfan said:
If he declares I'm guessing Atlanta takes him in the fourth as a WR. Maybe big bro can shape him up.

That would be great if the Packers took him.

He would look good there come to think of it...

KDPpatsfan said:

You mean Ron Mexico? :rolleyes:

JoeSixPat said:
I saw another site that said if he went he'd be taken in the 3rd round

One might think that some would learn a lesson from the Mo Clarret situation but chances are someone decides he's worth a shot and decides to take him then, or even higher to make sure they get him.

I think that was profootballtalk.com that suggested Denver draft him in the third round ala Maurice Clarett which was a slap at both Denver and MoClo.......

MoLewisrocks said:
You mean Ron Mexico? :rolleyes:

Tags: With the 15th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select, from Virginia Tech, Don Mexico :rofl:

Flying Fungi said:
Tags: With the 15th pick, the Atlanta Falcons select, from Virginia Tech, Don Mexico :rofl:

Thing is, he's going to be a much better NFL quarterback than Ron, he can actually throw the ball. I think he'll probably transfer to a 1-AA school to avoid the suspension and rack up some big numbers.

I think he'll probably transfer to a 1-AA school to avoid the suspension and rack up some big numbers.

I thought the NCAA has a rule about transferring between programs and that he would have to sit out a year? Or is that only between 1-A schools?

Gumby said:
I thought the NCAA has a rule about transferring between programs and that he would have to sit out a year? Or is that only between 1-A schools?

1-A only. If a player moves down a division, there is no waiting period. When he was suspended at the end of last year, some 1-AA school expressed interest. I think it was Georgia Southern, but I'm not sure.

shirtsleeve said:
Saw the play. The guy is a classless, clueless, heartless, no good piece of dog doo. If anyone takes him, they had better count on losing him to some sort of new felony conviction or to random drug testing suspensions. Perfect fit for the Raiders!

I think Virginia Tech merits some applause for having the chutzpah to suspend their premiere player.

On a slightly related topic, I heard through the grapevine that Michael Vick is a herpes sufferer due to his promiscuity in college...

dryheat44 said:
Thing is, he's going to be a much better NFL quarterback than Ron, he can actually throw the ball. I think he'll probably transfer to a 1-AA school to avoid the suspension and rack up some big numbers.
is that a joke? Marcus is a TERRIBLE QB now let alone in the NFL.

What a gutless wanker the QB coach is.

Box_O_Rocks said:
What a gutless wanker the QB coach is.

Box - where did you get that from..

DaBruinz said:
Box - where did you get that from..

That boy's a brit in disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24