PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Peters Scouting Report

Very nice write up. How does Peters compare to recent first round DB's?

Good question Manx. I guess off the top of my head I would say another Washington Huskey, Desmond Trufant.

Good question Manx. I guess off the top of my head I would say another Washington Huskey, Desmond Trufant.

Why does Peters remind you of Trufant? From what I've seen Peters is much more aggressive and plays much better in press than Trufant did.

I applaud all the work you are putting into this. I hope you are enjoying it - it's very labor intensive, so as much as we are the beneficiaries of your work, you need to do it mainly for yourself. If this is something that you really want to pursue long term, you might eventually want to get to the point where you can work some youtube clips or still shots that back up some of your statements (jumping routes, getting burned by double moves, etc.). A number of people have mentioned that Peters is very strong in run support (which would be important to the Pats), but that wasn't something you discussed at all - I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

These are all nitpicks, and the only reason I mention them is that you specifically asked for feedback. Again, I applaud what you are doing, and we are grateful to have these reports.

Why does Peters remind you of Trufant? From what I've seen Peters is much more aggressive and plays much better in press than Trufant did.

I applaud all the work you are putting into this. I hope you are enjoying it - it's very labor intensive, so as much as we are the beneficiaries of your work, you need to do it mainly for yourself. If this is something that you really want to pursue long term, you might eventually want to get to the point where you can work some youtube clips or still shots that back up some of your statements (jumping routes, getting burned by double moves, etc.). A number of people have mentioned that Peters is very strong in run support (which would be important to the Pats), but that wasn't something you discussed at all - I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

These are all nitpicks, and the only reason I mention them is that you specifically asked for feedback. Again, I applaud what you are doing, and we are grateful to have these reports.

Thanks for the constuctive criticism Mayo. As I get into these more and get comfortable with the format of the site, I will be adding "visuals" into my reports.

As far as Peters in run support, I guess I did glance over it a bit. I thought he was inconsistent at it. I thought he did a much better job on the bubble screens than on true RB runs.

Peters, considered the best draft eligible CB, has been dismissed by Washington. That's a bit of a shocker! not sure why yet.

Peters, considered the best draft eligible CB, has been dismissed by Washington. That's a bit of a shocker! not sure why yet.
Wow! That is crazy, wonder what happened.

Wow! That is crazy, wonder what happened.

From Rotoworld:

Peters was suspended for the Illinois game due to a sideline tirade after he was benched for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Perhaps the most talented draft-eligible prospect at his position, Peters will have to now answer even more questions about his time with the Huskies but is absolutely NFL bound. Beat writer Adam Jude reports the corner "got into an argument with an assistant coach during practice Wednesday, a source said, apparently the final straw in a series of run-ins with Washington’s new coaching staff." This was after having another argument with coaches during the Colorado and after missing practice on Tuesday. Washington faces UCLA on Saturday. Peters is the ninth player Chris Petersen has dismissed or suspended since taking over in February.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132220/marcus-peters

He will need a team with a strong coaching staff by the sounds of it.

From Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132220/marcus-peters

He will need a team with a strong coaching staff by the sounds of it.

From the Seattle Times:

Peters got into an argument with an assistant coach during practice Wednesday, a source said, apparently the final straw in a series of run-ins with Washington’s new coaching staff. He also got into an argument with coaches during UW’s victory at Colorado on Saturday and then missed practice on Tuesday, sources said.

In his third year as a starting cornerback, Peters had been suspended for one game in Septemberafter his sideline outburst, in which he threw his helmet and gloves, a week earlier against Eastern Washington. That outburst followed what UW coach Chris Peterson called a “stupid” personal-foul penalty against Peters, who had head-butted an EWU receiver.

Peters is considered a potential first-round NFL draft pick.

He is the ninth player Petersen has either suspended or dismissed from the team since February.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/husky...erback-marcus-peters-dismissed-from-the-team/

Yeah, his tape is really good, but boy does he sound like a headache. Could be a nice flyer in the middle rounds where you can take risks, but I think he will go higher still and probably not on the Patriots.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back