Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
My Directv dish fell down last night, so I missed almost all of the battle of the scrubinis.
I've read most of what I'd want to know on here, but at one point I thought I noticed Cannon playing G.
If true, that would be a big deal, and a signal he may actually move inside, since he had seen little or no time there so far.
Can anyone fill me in on where he played last night?

My Directv dish fell down last night, so I missed almost all of the battle of the scrubinis.
I've read most of what I'd want to know on here, but at one point I thought I noticed Cannon playing G.
If true, that would be a big deal, and a signal he may actually move inside, since he had seen little or no time there so far.

He didn't play at all that I can remember, though I did kinda tune out toward the end and I might have just missed him when he was in. Seemed like Kline and Halapio played just about the whole game.

Cannon didn't play last night, but Belichick did mention today that he has experience at both guard spots and both tackle spots.

If you ever experience issues with your physical dish in the future, keep in mind that you are always able to go online under the Directv website and watch just about anything.

This is actually how I watch every single Pats game--although I plug in an HDMI adapter to the laptop to watch it on the big screen. I actually moved into a condo complex that does not allow any dishes, so I have no physical dish anymore--I left it behind at my last address. I still pay my bill however, and view everything through the online portion via HDMI port to the big screen.

Just a suggestion should you ever encounter this again.

EDIT: Assuming that you have Directv, of course. I'm not sure if this could be done with DISH.

If you ever experience issues with your physical dish in the future, keep in mind that you are always able to go online under the Directv website and watch just about anything.

This is actually how I watch every single Pats game--although I plug in an HDMI adapter to the laptop to watch it on the big screen. I actually moved into a condo complex that does not allow any dishes, so I have no physical dish anymore--I left it behind at my last address. I still pay my bill however, and view everything through the online portion via HDMI port to the big screen.

Just a suggestion should you ever encounter this again.

EDIT: Assuming that you have Directv, of course. I'm not sure if this could be done with DISH.

If your stream ever has trouble, try switching up your dns server. I had to do it with charters recent issues and all of a sudden I can watch something through directv on demand without the head ache of "your internet connection sucks donkey Dong, either watch with ten minute pauses or download this program while your net provider throws the brakes on this connection so it is unwatchable..."

Google has their own servers, as well as "opendns." Takes about ten minutes with the Google searches to figure out how to pull up your router's setting page.

Cannon did not play last night. It was mostly Kline, Barker, Stork, Halapio and Fleming, with some of Devey and Cave.

Cannon didn't play last night, but Belichick did mention today that he has experience at both guard spots and both tackle spots.

“He’s obviously got great size and strength and he’s very athletic for his size,” Belichick said. “He moves well. He has excellent feet, balance. He’s a powerful player in the running game and his length and size. He, I think, physically can play any position on the line. He probably could play center too but definitely could play guard or tackle. It’s just a question of refining his skills at one position. Of course, the majority of his plays have come at tackle. He did play guard last year and he played guard this year.”

Potential Logan Mankins replacement Marcus Cannon earns praise from Belichick | The Providence Journal

I personally think that some people are putting too much emphasis on Cannon's lack of prior game experience at LG. He's one of the 3 most talented linemen on the team right now, and it would be a shame not to have him in the starting lineup, so I think it's quite possible that he'll get a shot at guard. I'd love to give him a chance to show whether he can handle the LG position.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20140829-potential-logan-mankins-replacement-marcus-cannon-earns-praise-from-belichick.ece

I personally think that some people are putting too much emphasis on Cannon's lack of prior game experience at LG. He's one of the 3 most talented linemen on the team right now, and it would be a shame not to have him in the starting lineup, so I think it's quite possible that he'll get a shot at guard. I'd love to give him a chance to show whether he can handle the LG position.
I think Cannon has the skillset and size to be an All-Pro OG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes