PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon - status of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever isn't starting between Vollmer and Solder is the backup T- I'm hoping/assuming that Welch being cut means that Vollmer's back. Connolly was the primary backup at all 3 interior positions, but now that he's been pressed into starting duty, it looks like Ryan Wendell's the next guy in line. If/when Cannon comes back this year, that's whose spot he'll be trying to take.

Seriously, not enough has been made of the fact that the Pats' line has been missing two starters (three from last year) pretty much the entire season. Connolly and Solder have been playing so well that nobody's really noticed.

My BOY Solder has done so well... you gotta love Waters. and to all you Connolly h8r's what's up now??? Buh BYE Koppen

Every 1 stay healthy and I hope Seabass is back after the BYE:)

Guy below you I agree Adios Wendell:)

Here is a serious question.

Faulk, Brace and Deaderick are on the PUP list.

Cannon is officially listed on the Non-Football Injury list.

Is there a difference in when or if he can return, or is it treated the same as the PUP??

Here is a serious question.

Faulk, Brace and Deaderick are on the PUP list.

Cannon is officially listed on the Non-Football Injury list.

Is there a difference in when or if he can return, or is it treated the same as the PUP??

The return eligibility rules are identical. I believe the distinction has to do with contractual obligations toward a player whose injury status had nothing to do with football.

status = sweaty

Cannon 'progressing,' Belichick says - Extra Points - Boston.com - Shalise Manza Young
Bill Belichick was asked about the offensive lineman from Texas Christian on Friday, and didn't reveal much, but said Cannon won't be on the field until he gets clearance from the medical staff first.

I've seen him a couple of times since training camp began, and he looks healthy and fit, though of course that assessment doesn't speak to whether or not he'll be able to start playing yet.

"He's progressing. He's coming along," Belichick said. "It starts as a medical decision. It’s no different than any other player, once a player is cleared medically to play then it becomes a football decision as to whether to play him or not or whether to activate him on PUP or whatever. Those are the steps. Once a player is cleared medically, then it becomes a football decision. Until then, there’s no decision to make."

Belichick said the decision will be made in the coming week as to whether Cannon will be medically cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes