Marcus Cannon extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer of Thor

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Reportedly 5 years. [edited to include link]

Well, he played really good this year against some pretty good pass-rushers. If he continues like this i don't mind it...

What a huge turnaround in a year.

Considering the amount of guys we had that needed extensions, cannon would have been at the bottom of my list in the summer. His play has come miles since then, and has really solidified a very tough position for us.

Good for him. Well earned.

One of the few big ones left is done, very nice. It'll be for fairly big money, he's a good RT now.

This is no surprise to me at all -- in fact, the surprise was the fact that it didn't happen during the bye week. I figured he and Blount were the top two candidates for the early extension as they both seem to really love it here. Scar loves him and he clearly gets the best out of Cannon, and clearly Cannon appreciates it as well.

My guess is 6 x 5 = 30mill total.

The number of "gheesh Cannon" comments in the gameday threads has been down to zero this year.

He has earned the RT spot, and yes this means Vollmer is not coming back.

Hightower next please!

Yates said in the neighborhood of Mitchell Swhartz' deal, which is 5 yrs 33 million.

Based on how Cannon has played this year, if we waited until the offseason he may have cost a fortune if he contains the AFC West pass rushers.

I hope he continues his stellar play vs. Miller, Houston, Mack, etc. He will be one of our most important players in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes