PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

March and the Draft the the times of the year when our fanaticism is tested..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After reading through the various news sources and listening to sports talk, this time of year it is difficult to feel the same level of fanaticism that I felt 5 weeks ago, and I suspect it will pretty much be the same when the draft rolls around..

New York has added some very good pieces, Buffalo is adding a few and Miami spent the wad on Suh.. meanwhile our braintrust is slowly retooling this team.. not as splashy, but confident BB has a plan.

As much as I wanted them to retain Revis, that was not a reality in our Pats economic structure.. so when September comes and this team looks somewhat different(remember September '14) and the mediots wanted us to be angry, but many of us will wait for Nov. & Dec to see how all of this turns out.

We will listen to the endless sports babblers who will tell us if the Pats really wanted to they could have resigned Revis and what a heinous mistake the Pats have made. There will be those who will challenge our fanaticism and tell us how disappointed we should be, and if they have a slow start in Sept. how BB has lost his edge and may have outstayed his NE welcome, or we need a "real" general manager.

When you are a Pats fan in the BB era, you need to look at the long game.. not how championships have been won in the press in the first week of the NFL year.. somehow we will survive this free agent storm and a very good team will take the field next fall.

Stay the course fellow fans.. we will be competitive and with a little luck you never know. Have to remember that we made it to the final 4 in each of the last 4 years.. pretty incredible.

Preview

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as we have #12, we have a chance.

And our coach, BB..

I lived in DC when the Redskins won the Super Bowl every March. This is just step 1 in the process. Part of the process is enduring the idiocy of the media, local and national, anguishing over the Pats failures. We will go through it again with the draft and again in the fall when some controversial personnel move takes place. Someday they will be right, but I don't think it will be this year.

It is silly to get too high or low on what goes on in March. Remember around this time last year they were already giving Peyton Manning the Lombardi trophy after they built a guaranteed Super Bowl winner by adding Ware, Talib, and Sanders.

I think there's just a lot of apprehension right now because of past issues at the cornerback position. Law leaves after 2004 and the defense goes downhill. Samuel leaves after 2007 and the defense goes downhill. Were they precipitous drop-offs? No. However, the memories of Duane Starks and Deltha O'Neal are still painful reminders that Bill doesn't always have the solution. Hopefully with the group of young, experienced vets at corner and an improved pass rush, this transition will be smoother. The other major advantage this time around is the Pats have a great linebacking crew, not the fossils and JAGs of past seasons. Hoping for the best, but the loss of Revis does bother me.

Should the Patriots take Brandon Scherff with the number six pick on the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back