Welcome to PatsFans.com

March 13, 2008

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jul 8, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I posted about this in the past... but I had never seen this C-Span video.

on the evening of March 13, 2008, the House of Reps. hastily called a top secret session that had many flabbergasted members on the floor demanding "what's going on?" earlier during the day's session. What was discussed had to do with FISA, and information regarding the collapse of the U.S. dollar in late 2008, and the imminent insolvency of the U.S. government in the middle portion of this year (2009). As the past 15 months have drawn out, it appears those predictions seem quite on track.

The above link is a primer, or sorts. Notice how no one had any inkling of what was about to be discussed that night, to the point of frustration and skeptical anger.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Re: HR 8791 -- the most terrifying 2 minutes in Congressional history

Hey why did you edit out that second link?

I was just about to click on it.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Trying to track this bill, but HR 8791 does not show up... when you do the gov or thomas, there is no record... when you google it, it comes up as a spoof.. do you have an actual copy of the bill..
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I already took that part out...

The Haller intro speech on the floor was apparently a hoax. I was duped. I came to realize it after doing a bit of research soon after posting it. ... The reaction of the House members to the news of the meeting that night is no hoax, however.

This unprecedented FISA meeting did take place, it was classified, and what was discussed upset several members of the House of Representatives.

Kucinich's reservations about the closed-door meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IMI8qHluos
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

government insolvency is coming, I predict.... while we're all lulled to sleep by Michael Jackson's memorial and the summer movie season.

The 4 Key Reasons an Economic Collapse is Likely Imminent

The mainstream media and government are communicating that the economy is on a positive track toward recovery while downplaying the likelihood of another economic catastrophe similar or worse than that experienced in the fourth quarter of 2008 and first quarter of 2009. In actuality, there is a significant chance that the U.S. will experience a severe economic collapse, beyond what has already been experienced, either this year or within the next few years. If there is a perceived, sustainable economic rebound before this happens, do not be fooled - the underlying economic problems still exist and will likely eventually surface in economic collapse.

1. The U.S. has unprecedented, massive amounts of current and coming debt.
    2. Foreign countries have experienced their own crises, and they cannot offer added levels of debt funding for the U.S. Even if they could, they are unlikely to do so.
    3. Productivity is declining, and everything the government is doing is further hurting productivity.
    4. The U.S. is printing unprecedented, massive amounts of money and no longer has an ability to control inflation and deflation.​
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 5 / -2

Excellent post PC. Those 4 points are indisputable. I'm really not kidding when I say this, but if you don't already have one, you should seriously consider buying a weapon, and arming yourselves. I'm going to do exactly that when I get back from my honeymoon in August. I hate guns with a passion, but I'm going to anchor a safe to some studs in my closet, and put a pistol in there, as soon as I get my license to carry. When the poop hits the fan, you better be able to protect yourself, your belongings, and the one's that you love. Hope it doesn't come to that, and it likely won't, but you should be prepared if it does.
  7. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

I feel the same way!!!! But with two small kids in the house it scares me. I could never live with myself if something happened.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 7 / -13

Can't speak to the specifics of #3 but the rest is spot on. Add to that our withdrawing energy development...

Well said.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +430 / 5 / -2

I'm a firm believer in the 2nd amendment, but I personally hate guns. They scare the crap out of me. I've shot everything from rifles, to Glocks, to Tek-9's, to shotguns, etc. but I've never wanted one myself. I just think that something bad will happen with a gun around. Most of my friends have licenses to carry a concealed, and my bro (former paratrooper), has like 7 or 8 rifles in his house. Still, I don't want one. The problem is, I don't want to be left without a chair, if the music stops. I don't think it will come to that, but would you want to be naked if it does? That's why I'll buy a safe, screw into some studs in the closet, and leave it there incase armageddon hits.
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

There is going to be a massive wave of Americans (the privileged rich ones) leaving this country for Europe or the rest of the world once the US collapses.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +430 / 5 / -2

Not at all. It would, if it happened (which I must stress is still extremely unlikely), end up being like the collapse of the USSR. We'd break up into either individual states, or mini-nations, where a band of states groups itself together, and soldiers on. It'd be similar to the break up of other nations in the world, only we'd probably experience less violence. No state would attempt to overtake another by force persay. There would likely be violence by elements inside the populace (riots or civil unrest of sorts), but nothing like ethnic tension, or or Russia invading Georgia. Maybe the New England states would band together (although NH might not want to), since most have a similar ideology. It could end up that some states would experience internal problems though. Hope it never happens .
  12. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I would certainly hope not. Much of northern Maine would likely avoid it as well. But NH has changed quite a bit in the past few years, so who knows...
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

My feelings also, love to shoot, but do not own.. what I am thinking about is one of my best friends has a huge safe of guns and mucho ammo.. gonna talk to him about it, never liked the idea of guns in the house... do not see me as carrying a gun.. unless there is a total breakdown..
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the cities will be the worst places to be, obviously...

A secret meeting of Congress discusses immanent martial law. Therearenosunglasses’s Weblog
    If you did not know, In late 2006, Congress revised the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act to make it far easier for a president to declare martial law. Those changes were repealed at the end of this January as part of Public Law 110-181 (HR 4986), the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (signed into law by President Bush on January 28, 2008). Unfortunately it is not the great victory in which one might think because of the total militarization of all local and State police forces all across America.

Will there be martial law? Is martial law coming soon to America? When you see law enforcement being armed with automatic weapons, bullet proof vests and riot gear in small towns that have not had a murder or crime in years, then you have to ask yourself why.

If you spend a few weeks reading all the info, watching the videos and following the links at The U.A.F.F., you will then have a better understanding of what has led to The Decline And Fall Of America. Remember that Knowledge is power! Learn, look, listen, read, share, prepare, train, stock up on food and water supply for one year.

Fill your pantry with non perishable foods, medicines, cooking oils, tinned meats and veggies. Flour, oats dried corn peas, beans and lentils.. Teach your self how to preserve food for storage. Check out your local potable/ drinking water supplies, non perfumed chlorine bleach is a good sterilizer for water, about 2 teaspoons full per 2 gallon bucket, stirred well and allowed to stand for at least 24 hours with a lid on it or until it no longer smells of bleach. Boiling water helps but it is not always enough to kill off the bacteria which can resist high temperatures.

Americans have been warned for years of the things to come, but have blindly looked away from the truth, which has been available for all to see. There are no more excuses not to prepare for the possible future. The time to act is now before it is too late. Check The United American Freedom Foundation for daily updates and news you won’t see in the mainstream media.​
  15. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Make sure that you have an assault rifle for the flesh eating zombies! Good luck getting a ccw permit in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, komrade.
    LOL.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +430 / 5 / -2

I think 7 of my friends have licenses to carry a concealed weapon. my buddy's neighbor is an instructor, and he told me to call me when I get back, and he'll hook me up. There are 4 of us who are going to do the class. I really do not want a weapon inside my house, but you gotta do what you gotta do.