Marcell Dareus Has Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertWeathers

Member of the Seattle 7 & Roadie for Metallica
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that is a competitor...

"I hate that Brady's not going to be there," Dareus told NFL Network on Wednesday. "When he come back ... it's on.

"For him not to be out there just kind of tears me up a little bit, but the second time I see him, like, we going to be excited to play against him. That's the win we want."

Bills' Dareus: Brady ban 'tears me up a little bit'

This is a player I can respect. You should always want your competition to be at its best...unless you're the Knicks. I know they wished Jordan could never play against them. Lol

This is a player I can respect. You should always want your competition to be at its best...unless you're the Knicks. I know they wished Jordan could never play against them. Lol

Yea its a fine line. Its not something you can control so you have to play your best regardless. With that said, no question the Knicks were glad to see MJ gone in 1994 but I think if you asked Ewing, Starks, Oak, Mason, etc. they would rather have reached the Finals vs HOU by beating Jordan.

Yea its a fine line. Its not something you can control so you have to play your best regardless. With that said, no question the Knicks were glad to see MJ gone in 1994 but I think if you asked Ewing, Starks, Oak, Mason, etc. they would rather have reached the Finals vs HOU by beating Jordan.
Of course they would have, but it likely wouldn't have happened considering they never could do it before and they needed a terrible foul call on Pip at the end of game 5 to ultimately win the series in '94. Hubert Davis, himself, admitted years later that he didn't think he was fouled on the shot. Had that call not been made, I believe the Bulls would have taken that series in six. Would they have beaten the Pacers? Who knows? I know you and I sorta briefly touched on that in the GSW/CLE thread.

But yeah, Rob, you can only control what you can as a player. But it doesn't mean you shouldn't want to face your competition fully healthy. I remember wanting the Steelers at full strength in 2004 after they ended the regular season win streak, ran the ball down our throats and we lost Law for what turned out to be the remainder. I was pissed and wanted the Pats to face and beat them in the playoffs that season at full capacity. If memory serves, didn't they have the best record in the league that season? Anyway, we know how it played out. NE dominated that game. And it made reaching the SB so much more satisfying.

OT somewhat: There was a girl I was crushing on hard and wanted desperately to... um... penetrate. She was an Iggles fan and I remember her saying she was more afraid of the Steelers than NE (we knew the Iggles were in at that time since I watched the game with her). Oops. I don't recall what her answer was the Tuesday after the SB when I saw her at work. Lol

EDIT: It was also later that year that I met Brian Dawkins at the Nike outlet in Orlando, FL. He was super nice, I got an autograph and did not bring up the fact that I was a Patriot. I really wanted the autograph.

Last edited:
Dareus goes up a knotch in my book. True competitor.

Of course they would have, but it likely wouldn't have happened considering they never could do it before and they needed a terrible foul call on Pip at the end of game 5 to ultimately win the series in '94. Hubert Davis, himself, admitted years later that he didn't think he was fouled on the shot. Had that call not been made, I believe the Bulls would have taken that series in six. Would they have beaten the Pacers? Who knows? I know you and I sorta briefly touched on that in the GSW/CLE thread.

I agree. I didn't see NYK winning in CHI G6 either.

But yeah, Rob, you can only control what you can as a player. But it doesn't mean you shouldn't want to face your competition fully healthy. I remember wanting the Steelers at full strength in 2004 after they ended the regular season win streak, ran the ball down our throats and we lost Law for what turned out to be the remainder. I was pissed and wanted the Pats to face and beat them in the playoffs that season at full capacity. If memory serves, didn't they have the best record in the league that season? Anyway, we know how it played out. NE dominated that game. And it made reaching the SB so much more satisfying.

Yep- Squealers were 15-1.

On the other side of that coin, in 1996 Pats made it to the SB by beating JAX in Foxboro. The week before JAX upset DEN in Mile High. If DEN wins that game and NE goes toDEN they most likely do not go to the SB. In that example, I was glad DEN lost as it meant almost certain death for NE.

OT somewhat: There was a girl I was crushing in hard and wanted desperately to... um... penetrate. She was an Iggles fan and I remember her saying she was more afraid of the Steelers than NE (we knew the Iggles were in at that time since I watched the game with her). Oops. I don't recall what her answer was the Tuesday after when I saw her at work. Lol

In my youth I dated a girl from Philly. She was hot, classy, fun, very smart but once it came to the Iggles, Sixers and Flyers she became a totally different person. Very strange...

funny stuff........

there's a tough guy on every corner while the beast is caged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back