Welcome to PatsFans.com

Maps of War..long term view of the mideast and its occupiers...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 4, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +197 / 7 / -23

Here is a 90 second video that shows who has controlled the mideast from ancient times to today, no comment except very interesting....

http://www.mapsofwar.com/

Who has controlled the Middle East over the course of history? Pretty much everyone. Egyptians, Turks, Jews, Romans, Arabs, Greeks, Persians, Europeans...the list goes on. Who will control the Middle East today? That is a much bigger question.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

That's very cool. It kind of shows how little the world has changed since ancient times. We might have education and technology, but the way we use those things is just as ignorant as it was thousands of years ago.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

I think it shows how chaotic the ME has been throughout history. One could argue that the civil advance of western societies has built a sense of structure whereas the same cannot be said for the ME. The one sizeable nation in the ME that has set itself on a civil standing, Israel, is the one nation that the rest of the region seeks to destroy. I think that the days of swords and arrows afforded the world the ability to ignore the primitive nature of these nations. With the advance of weapons capability, and the ease of which the more destructive arms are becoming available, the policy of ignorance is no longer a viable one.