PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manza Young: Put up your Dukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Dan Snyder loves to throw money around, I don't see him bringing in Vick for a variety of reasons. The biggest is the potential of alienating his fanbase. Also, Jason Campbell made significant strides last year and is a better QB than Vick.

As a resident of Maryland, all I can react to that paragraph is "Say what!?!?!?!"

1) Snyder "doesn't want to alienate his fanbase"?????? That's like saying The Unabomber doesn't want to ruin his chances for a Nobel Peace Prize.

2) Jason Campbell "made significant strides" last year??????? Yes, he's improved from a C- to a B-. He led an offense that was one of the worst in the NFL. They were the 5th worst scoring team in the NFL. How much can Vick screw that up?

That being said, I can agree with you about the possibility of going to Oakland. That would be a fit for several reasons. So would Minnesota.

Last edited:
Ehhh..... I don't have the ire towards Vick that so many others do. Without going into it and hijacking the thread overmuch, my political philosophy precludes it.
I knew it, you're the hot dog vendor who sets up outside Home Depot in Glendale, AZ!

While I can certainly understand that an owner as sensitive to controversy as Kraft might wish to avoid Michael Vick, being picketed by PETA should be considered a badge of honor by any sane human being.

This. They protested Obama killing a fly. I'm going to steal someone else's joke: They should protest themselves for jumping that poor shark.

As a resident of Maryland, all I can react to that paragraph is "Say what!?!?!?!"

1) Snyder "doesn't want to alienate his fanbase"?????? That's like saying The Unabomber doesn't want to ruin his chances for a Nobel Peace Prize.

2) Jason Campbell "made significant strides" last year??????? Whoa.

I don't care where you're a resident, Shmessy, Vick's dog-fighting house was in Virginia and there are just as many Skins fans there as in Maryland.

Yes, Jason Campbell did make significant strides last year. He completed over 62% of his passes. Had the highst number of pass attempts in his short career. Had only 6 interceptions despite over 500 passing attempts. Don't you consider those pretty significant?

I don't care where you're a resident, Shmessy, Vick's dog-fighting house was in Virginia and there are just as many Skins fans there as in Maryland.

Yes, Jason Campbell did make significant strides last year. He completed over 62% of his passes. Had the highst number of pass attempts in his short career. Had only 6 interceptions despite over 500 passing attempts. Don't you consider those pretty significant?

#1) Ask anyone in the Redskin fanbase what they think of Snyder. I promise you, where he has been for several years now will not be further diminished if he himself were to engage in dogfighting.

#2) The Redskins were 5th from the bottom in NFL scoring last year. They average 16.5 point per game. Adding Vick as QB (or even Reuben Stoddard as QB) won't hurt that gem to much.

His QB rating was 19th in the NFL (Seneca Wallace was 13th, Shaun Hill was 12th). 'Nuf ced.

Last edited:
While I can certainly understand that an owner as sensitive to controversy as Kraft might wish to avoid Michael Vick, being picketed by PETA should be considered a badge of honor by any sane human being.

Not disagreeing, but this franchise does not like this stuff... why create a mediashytstorm for a guy who can do a couple of trick plays a game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes