PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Many of us,including myself are guilty and should pray for forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Classic. Real adult. Did Mommy not hug you enough?

Shut your trap..I am not going down to your level..especially with the topic we are discussing this evening - I refuse to argue with a twit like you tonight and instead show respect for the dead - where it belongs this evening

Last edited:
For me he was a bust. But football goes #2 when a life is lost.

Even if I think Earth is going overpopulated.

Anyway, since I didn't, my thoughts for the Hill family.

It is ok for you to attack a player and a poster.

It is terrible news that Marquise Hill lost his life, however God had bigger plans for Mr. Hill, but to say we should all ask for forgiveness for giving our opinions is a little ridiculous.

Then you can attack me Look at yourself and fix yourself before justifying your opinions.

It is ok for you to attack a player and a poster.

It is terrible news that Marquise Hill lost his life, however God had bigger plans for Mr. Hill, but to say we should all ask for forgiveness for giving our opinions is a little ridiculous.

Then you can attack me Look at yourself and fix yourself before justifying your opinions.

:blahblah: :blahblah:

Well I never bashed Hill because I couldn't hold it against someone for not breaking into a lineup that had Seymour, Wilfork and Warren and Green as a backup.

Having said that though, I don't think he would hold it against you guys. We all say crap and debate things because we care about the sport. Obviously Marquise Hill cared about the sport and because of the crazy fans like us, he was able to make a living playing a game he loved.

Wherever he is I'm sure he would probably want all of us to keep our passion for a game he loved as well.

I amongst many others on here bashed Marquise Hill in earlier times and said he was a waste of a draft pick,an unmotivated player a bust and a guy that should be kicked off the roster years ago.

I,as a man are admitting being guilty of this and am seeking Marquise and gods forgiveness for not respecting the man and treating him as just a football player and not a breathing being.

It takes a ton of talent to even sniff the level of the NFL and we really have no right to bash any player (especially one of our own here in Patriot Nation) in reality because it takes a ton of work and talent to get to this point and none of us here have that.

I said things like he should be a waterboy instead of a linebacker and here I sit empty hearted because I remember these things I said on here and am truly sorry.

If Marquise is up there somehow understanding my plea for his forgiveness please forgive me for all the bad things I said about you..I never knew about the father he was or the hard worker he was in the days before a game (Jim Miller on Sirius was saying Marquise was as hard a worker as he had ever seen when the two played here and that Marquise never took a day off and was always lifting and running hard) - I never knew the hero he was to become and this all just proves I am human and beg for Marquise and Gods forgiveness.

I,like many of my fellow Patriots fans is empty hearted and broken hearted this Memorial Day evening and my deepest sympathy goes out to any relative of the Hill family,May your son/uncle/nephew/grandson/cousin/father live an everlasting happiness where he is at now,He is a Warrior,and a hero in my book and may his soul rest in the arms of god forever :( :(

Marquise...We will miss you so much and the 2007 season is in honor of you!

If we need any motivation to win it all this year then there is no bigger bulletin board material needed in the Patriots Locker Room but one that simply says "GIVE IT YOUR ALL AND WIN IT ALL FOR MARQUISE HILL"

I gotta end this post now..I am getting teary eyed.

One of the more self-absorbed and ridiculous posts I have ever read. Get over yourself and make an appointment to see a psychologist ASAP. By the way, the events of today should help everyone see the farce that is religion so don't waste your time asking for "God's forgiveness".

Let's face the facts here. Marquise Hill had talent but he could just never adjust to the pro game and our complex schemes. He made bad choices prior to the jetski accident... not wearing a life jacket, going out late at night without another jetski riding with him, and going too far into the center of the lake. However all of those poor judgements are set aside when you hear of his admirable decision to let the friend grab the buoy. That tells you that no matter the flaws on the football field or off, Marquise Hill was a man when it came time to act. We should never forget his sacrifice.

One of the more self-absorbed and ridiculous posts I have ever read. Get over yourself and make an appointment to see a psychologist ASAP. By the way, the events of today should help everyone see the farce that is religion so don't waste your time asking for "God's forgiveness".

Thanks for dropping on over from athiests.whatever - We enjoyed your post :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Let's face the facts here. Marquise Hill had talent but he could just never adjust to the pro game and our complex schemes. He made bad choices prior to the jetski accident... not wearing a life jacket, going out late at night without another jetski riding with him, and going too far into the center of the lake. However all of those poor judgements are set aside when you hear of his admirable decision to let the friend grab the buoy. That tells you that no matter the flaws on the football field or off, Marquise Hill was a man when it came time to act. We should never forget his sacrifice.

An appropriate look at today's tragedy...very true indeed

There are two common fallacies often made on message boards like this:

1. He's not quite good enough to be a serious contributor in the toughest league in his sport, therefore he's an incompetent.

2. He's not quite good enough as a player to suit me, therefore he's a jerk as a person.

I don't think this board is as bad as some. When somebody goes too far along those lines, and somebody else quietly reins him, the first guy usually backs down quickly (as he should).

There are a few "He's stealing his money" lines and so on, and I'm sure some of those were directed at Hill. But I don't recall anything too terrible.

And it speaks well that people feel bad about what they DID say of that nature.

Ditto the last two posts... I actually have been a sometimes Marquis-Hill-Hoper for the last couple of years. But you know what? It doesn't matter. We talked about the player, not the man -- and that's understood, except in those rare cases when people go so far as to make personal comments (lazy, greedy, yadda yadda...)

He did the right thing in the end, helping a girl survive, even though he did not. As a man, he was a hero at the end.

I don't care if you thought he'd make the squad or was a wasted draft pick... just recognize these guys are human when we post, which most of us do.

There's speculation that some players/families/whatever read these boards. If so, all fan love/prayers/thoughts are for Marquis Hill and family tonight.

And for that reason when a mod is free this thread should be locked like the other mea culpa thread was. There is a thread now stickied where the less self absorbed can adequately express themselves on the subject. And where mods can more easily delete disrespectful posts including those that digress into personal pissing matches.

They say that tragedy brings out the best in most people. Unfortunately it also attracts some of the worst of message board inhabitants who in turn inadvertently or deliberately incite those who can't tolerate them without lashing out...

There are two common fallacies often made on message boards like this:

1. He's not quite good enough to be a serious contributor in the toughest league in his sport, therefore he's an incompetent.

2. He's not quite good enough as a player to suit me, therefore he's a jerk as a person.

I don't think this board is as bad as some. When somebody goes too far along those lines, and somebody else quietly reins him, the first guy usually backs down quickly (as he should).

There are a few "He's stealing his money" lines and so on, and I'm sure some of those were directed at Hill. But I don't recall anything too terrible.

And it speaks well that people feel bad about what they DID say of that nature.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...howthread.php?t=49313&highlight=marquise+hill

Posts like this one give me the creeps tonight - We all make stupid remarks sometimes only going by what the PLAYER does..not the MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back