PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MANY decent free agents left

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Also after the draft, many more decent Vets will be cut.
I am NOT an apologist for the FO. But strategy could be to go for many high value low cost FA's as they have done in the past
The ones, I really like are Hobson, Shawn Barber, Michael Boulware (and move Meriweather to CB), Jerome Mcdougall, Teddy Lehman, Adam Sewell
Some of the good Free Agents still left include:

Jimmy Kennedy
Victor Hobson
Kwamer Harris
Boss Bailey
Shawn Barber
Gary Baxter
Tatum Bell
Kendrell Bell
Michael Boulware
Fernando brynat
Danny Clark
Sammy Davis
Ron Dayne
TJ Duckett
Andre Dyson
Dominique Foxworth
Bubba Franks
Randall Gidfrey
DJ Hackett
Brian Kelly
Clark Haggans
Ty Law
Teddy Lehman
Jerome Mcdougall
Antwan Odom
Adam sewell
Jeremy Stevens
Ben Troupe

Last edited:
I am NOT an apologist for the FO. But strategy could be to go for many high value low cost FA's as they have done in the past
The ones, I really like are Hobson, Shawn Barber, Michael Boulware (and move Meriweather to CB), Jerome Mcdougall, Teddy Lehman, Adam Sewell

Jimmy Kennedy
Victor Hobson
Kwamer Harris
Boss Bailey
Shawn Barber
Gary Baxter
Tatum Bell
Kendrell Bell
Michael Boulware
Fernando brynat
Danny Clark
Sammy Davis
Ron Dayne
TJ Duckett
Andre Dyson
Dominique Foxworth
Bubba Franks
Randall Gidfrey
DJ Hackett
Brian Kelly
Clark Haggans
Ty Law
Teddy Lehman
Jerome Mcdougall
Antwan Odom
Adam sewell
Jeremy Stevens
Ben Troupe
your idea of good free agents and mine are totally different,stevens is a drunk, dayne a fat pig,franks
is washed up, kennedy is a bust,tatum bell is a one year wonder, kendrell bell hasnt made a tackle in 3 years,bailey was let go by the lions enough said, you must of went to the bobby grier talent evaluation school

your idea of good free agents and mine are totally different,stevens is a drunk, dayne a fat pig,franks
is washed up, kennedy is a bust,tatum bell is a one year wonder, kendrell bell hasnt made a tackle in 3 years,bailey was let go by the lions enough said, you must of went to the bobby grier talent evaluation school

"you must of went"..........to the Leon Spinks public speaking for dummies class!

Boy in 2001, when we signed a guy like Mike Vrabel, alot of us went who, but I was at the faithful day in Pit Jan 98, when Bledsoe coughed up the ball on a strip sack by Mike Vrabel- He was basically a no name guy, how did that turn out???

Boss Bailey and Victor Hobson would be good additions to this team..

"you must of went"..........to the Leon Spinks public speaking for dummies class!

you must be a proud graduate, winged1 dur , really makes good english, anyone that comes up with that name i would classify as a dummy!!!

Rosie Colvin wasn't even listed as one of the quality FA's still left and he's the best of the bunch.

There's still a small glimmer of hope that we can bring him back. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Rosie Colvin wasn't even listed as one of the quality FA's still left and he's the best of the bunch.

There's still a small glimmer of hope that we can bring him back. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Randy Moss says hello.

And Colvin said the Pats told him he wasn't in their 2008 plans.

Boy in 2001, when we signed a guy like Mike Vrabel, alot of us went who, but I was at the faithful day in Pit Jan 98, when Bledsoe coughed up the ball on a strip sack by Mike Vrabel- He was basically a no name guy, how did that turn out???

Boss Bailey and Victor Hobson would be good additions to this team..

i second that motion

Jimmy Kennedy
Victor Hobson
Kwamer Harris
Boss Bailey
Shawn Barber
Gary Baxter
Tatum Bell
Kendrell Bell
Michael Boulware
Fernando brynat
Danny Clark
Sammy Davis
Ron Dayne
TJ Duckett
Andre Dyson
Dominique Foxworth
Bubba Franks
Randall Gidfrey
DJ Hackett
Brian Kelly
Clark Haggans
Ty Law
Teddy Lehman
Jerome Mcdougall
Antwan Odom
Adam sewell
Jeremy Stevens
Ben Troupe

Isn't this list just a little short?

Add:
(in no particular order)
Michael Turner
Calvin Pace (He hasn't officially signed with anyone yet, that I know of.)
Randy Moss
Julius Jones
Alge Crumpler
Mewelde Moore
Javon Walker
Marty Booker
Jabar Gaffney
Jeremiah Trotter
Na'il Diggs
Brandon Chillar
Bryant Johnson
Rosevelt Colvin
Dan Morgan
Bobby McCray
Randall Gay
Mike Rucker
Sammy Knight
http://www.sportingnews.com/freeagents/

Note: I'm not listing these players as simply options for NE, but as other good or "decent" free agents still available.

Last edited:
Randy Moss says hello.

Very true. I just have a hard time thinking of Randy Moss as a free agent. I want Borges to write another article about him so other teams get nervous about signing him.

List wasn't meant to be all inclusive.

The Bobby Grier comment had me laughing.

the thing about "value" free agents is that their past record is NOT going to be perfect, that is why you can get them at a discount

Taking a "flyer" on a player is from the Warren Buffet school of personell moves

Buy low, sell high.

So mnay other teams buy high (see Eagles and Jets)

Jimmy Kennedy
Victor Hobson
Kwamer Harris
Boss Bailey
Shawn Barber
Gary Baxter
Tatum Bell
Kendrell Bell
Michael Boulware
Fernando brynat
Danny Clark
Sammy Davis
Ron Dayne
TJ Duckett
Andre Dyson
Dominique Foxworth
Bubba Franks
Randall Gidfrey
DJ Hackett
Brian Kelly
Clark Haggans
Ty Law
Teddy Lehman
Jerome Mcdougall
Antwan Odom
Adam sewell
Jeremy Stevens
Ben Troupe

Although I don't know if I consider some of these guys decent, I do think there are still a lot decent free agents on the market. Many of the players available are better than the ones who were already signed. For example, I would much rather have DJ Hackett or Bryant Johnson than Jerry Porter or Mushim Mohammed. In fact, I would like the Pats to pursue Johnson to replace Stallworth.

Although I don't know if I consider some of these guys decent, I do think there are still a lot decent free agents on the market. Many of the players available are better than the ones who were already signed. For example, I would much rather have DJ Hackett or Bryant Johnson than Jerry Porter or Mushim Mohammed. In fact, I would like the Pats to pursue Johnson to replace Stallworth.

Going to Buffalo tom the only Penn State reciever ever did well in the NFL is OJ Mcduffie.. Im not a fan of Penn State recievers.

Going to Buffalo tom the only Penn State reciever ever did well in the NFL is OJ Mcduffie.. Im not a fan of Penn State recievers.

He's meeting with Buffalo. Isn't signed with him yet.

You may be right, but he would be a 3rd/4th WR and he was a damn good 3rd in Arizona.

None of the existing free agents solve the Pats problems more than Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes