PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax?

Ok, now the NFLN is showing a press conference on this, cutting into "The Brady 6". Enuff already!!:mad:

I know and I agree with you patsinthesnow. Given the prevalence of what I look at as minority rights growth, I still find it amazing that something like this would be such a major news story in 2013. As far as society has come with acceptance, there is still so much left to do.

As it stands, we're all still speculating anyway and Te'o could be from Mars for all we know.

Agreed. Well Said.

Some more twitter gems

Most Interesting Man
He met Manti Teo's girlfriend

Jadaeveon Clowney
I make up dead girlfriends sometimes screaming "ayyoooo I'm Manti Te'O"

Hopefully this gets weirder, his draft stock falls, and BB can pick him up in the late rounds.

If he's gay he's a guy that made up a girlfriend to keep away from suspicion and decided to "kill her off" when he realized he couldn't keep that ruse up for long. This way nobody will ever question why he isn't dating anyone, since his girlfriend just died. That makes him more sympathetic, because he'll be seen as a guy who got caught up into an attempt at hiding a sexual orientation that is widely frowned upon by professional athletes. Then, he's not a scumbag, he's a kid who made a poor decision while attempting to hide who he is, because his career would be in jeopardy otherwise.

There are ways to hide being gay without creating a story that makes you an extremely sympathetic and inspiring story as a potential Heisman candidate. Maybe I'm just jaded, but this just seems way too self serving.

Again, need to wait for the full story though. I'm just expressing my initial thoughts

If he's gay he's a guy that made up a girlfriend to keep away from suspicion and decided to "kill her off" when he realized he couldn't keep that ruse up for long. This way nobody will ever question why he isn't dating anyone, since his girlfriend just died. That makes him more sympathetic, because he'll be seen as a guy who got caught up into an attempt at hiding a sexual orientation that is widely frowned upon by professional athletes. Then, he's not a scumbag, he's a kid who made a poor decision while attempting to hide who he is, because his career would be in jeopardy otherwise.

It's always the coverup that does you in.. Watching the ND press conference where they are defending him as the victim totally..I have a feeling they may come to regret it... especially if he was in on it...
Press smells the blood in the water....
For Manti's sake, they better keep an eye on him and take away all pills, sharp objects and firearms....Too many times we've seen things like this spiral out of control and the person thinks they have no way out......

Last edited:
There are ways to hide being gay without creating a story that makes you an extremely sympathetic and inspiring story as a potential Heisman candidate. Maybe I'm just jaded, but this just seems way too self serving.

Again, need to wait for the full story though. I'm just expressing my initial thoughts

Completely agree, but I'm working with the hypothesis that, if he indeed make it up because he's gay, it was the media who pounded on the "his girlfriend died" angle, and he just ran with it.

Why is this guy contradicting Te'o and his father?

That's awesome. And here I thought he was this total tool. Now I'm forced to reevaluate.

Actually, I found that story last Sunday when his obnoxious tweet came out.
I think the point of my post is...I had no F'ing idea who that schmuck was until I googled him and realized that there is more to him than being a crappy LB.

What he'll probably say is that he was embarrassed it was online only and made up the fact that he met her to give it legitimacy.

The most likely explanation is that Manti is gay and the Tuiasosopo is his mate. I suspect that he used a girls name to be able to communicate with each other publicly without revealing that Manti was gay. I don't think there was any ill intentions or publicity grabbing. They ended up killing off the character when it was clear that there was no way to keep the ruse going on. Since the tweets and calls could be traced to Tuiasosopo, he will take the reputational fall in order to preserve Manti's NFL career. No charges will be filed. Manti probably believes that this is the best cover up for both Manti and Notre Dame, but I don't think they can avoid the truth for long given the amount of connections out there.

"With their first round pick of the 2013 NFL Draft the New York Jets select... Manti Te'o."

This is really disappointing because I thought of this guy as a high character guy. It's sad you can't trust anybody anymore.

This is really disappointing because I thought of this guy as a high character guy. It's sad you can't trust anybody anymore.

You can trust a lot of people out there.

I'd say a more accurate statement would be that you can't make sweeping generalizations about the character of total strangers and expect them to be completely accurate.

teo_medium.gif

Swarbrick said Te'o got a call when he was in Orlando for a college football awards show, which was Dec. 6, from a number he knew to be Kekua. The voice on the other end was the one he knew as Kekua, Swarbrick said, and the person on the other end who Te'o had known to be his girlfriend, who he thought died in September, told Te'o she was not dead.

"Manti was very unnerved by that, as you might imagine," Swarbrick said.
That night Te’o won three awards – the Bednarik Award for top defensive player, the Walter Camp Foundation player of the year award and the Maxwell Award, given to the top player in the nation.

Swarbrick said the woman tried to restart the relationship after that phone call.

Notre Dame stands by Manti Te

Who could he have been talking on the phone to?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Who could he have been talking on the phone to?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Did he ever think of Skype??? This smells of BS to high heaven and will crumble soon enough when the real media start digging....

Actually Manti just announced that he doesn't have to worry about an NFL carrier because a Nigerian prince just wrote him and told him he'll help him get millions.....

Last edited:

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back