PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny vs Mike

Double G

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As I just watched Manny launch his second bomb of the night off of Moose (it should be landing in France in four, three, two, one second.........there we go), I got to thinking about how back in 2001 when both were free agents, most of the fans around here wanted Moose and when the Yankees got him, many felt we signed Manny as a consolation prize, not really the guy they wanted.

Fast forward seven years and two Red Sox World Series wins (in one of which Manny was the MVP) vs zero Yankee World Series wins and needless to say, we got the better of that deal. I'll always remember Moose as the guy who came into game seven of the ALCS to stop the bleeding after the Texas Con Man couldn't get the job done; had he not, we'd have three World Series wins.

Funny how things turn out.................

As I just watched Manny launch his second bomb of the night off of Moose (it should be landing in France in four, three, two, one second.........there we go), I got to thinking about how back in 2001 when both were free agents, most of the fans around here wanted Moose and when the Yankees got him, many felt we signed Manny as a consolation prize, not really the guy they wanted.

Fast forward seven years and two Red Sox World Series wins (in one of which Manny was the MVP) vs zero Yankee World Series wins and needless to say, we got the better of that deal. I'll always remember Moose as the guy who came into game seven of the ALCS to stop the bleeding after the Texas Con Man couldn't get the job done; had he not, we'd have three World Series wins.

Funny how things turn out.................

Manny is absolutely on fire right now!

I'd love to see him get his 500 HRs. 5 more to go.
Maybe sometime next week.:D
That's pretty much an automatic hof entry. No?

Manny would make the HOF if he retired today.

I kind of feel bad for the Indians fans knowing a sure fire first ballot HOF lock was once on their team, not to mention he murders Cleveland everytime we play them.

Also love how he goes off on the Yankees, being a product of New York and having him here makes it all the more sweeter.

Yep, SO glad the Yankees signed Moose instead of Manny..................

Manny would make the HOF if he retired today.

A broadcaster mentioned the other night, with 500 home runs, he would be one of four with a combination of 300 batting avg 500 dingers, Ruth, Teddy Ballgame, Jimmy Foxx, and Manny.

And only one player in MLB history has more career grand slams than Manny-some guy named Gehrig. We're fortunate to witness one of the greatest right hand hitters ever in Fenway Park.

Very true, and people rag on the guy because he sometimes doesn't run out ground balls, give it a rest.

I think he has matured quite a bit over the past few years; the Manny of old would have charged the mound two nights ago after almost being beaned.

Bush league tactics at their best by New Yorks finest; like the way Beckett was shaking his head after that saying "Ok, that's how you guys want to play, fine with me".....................

4/20-Manny does it again-#496, a two run blast over the Monster to beat the Rangers! Yanks lose again-6-0.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back