PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny, Manny, Manny.....

Who's really the bad guy here; try everyone.

The Red Sox have been trying to get rid of this guy for years, putting him on WAIVERS for Christ sake, a first ballot HOF player, World Series MVP and they put him on waivers because Theo didn't want the guy. Wasn't his signing, he wanted him gone, was willing to let him walk and get nothing for him. Theo ended up OVERPAYING to get rid of the guy.

Now that they look like fools for doing the trade (the new kid is doing ok in left, good for him, while Manny is tearing a new ******* into the NL), they go and cry to MLB to investgate what happened; investigate what? How can you prove a guy jaked it, because he's a house of fire now, that means he jaked it? What do the Red Sox front office people hope to gain from all of this, it's idiotic, plain and simple.

Manny's agent, who stood to make nothing on the last two years of the contract, put a bug in Manny's pea sized brain; the Red Sox are disrespecting you (oh yeah, 20 mill a year is really disrespect), they don't want you, etc etc, so he jaked it to force a trade. Why didn't Manny just STFU and play ball for the next two years; because his ******* agent stood to gain nothing, so shoot your way out of town Manny and I'll get you a HUGE deal; only the Yankees are dumb enough to offer him a four year, 100 mill contract, which they will, just like they did with Damon, overpaid for a guy on the back nine. Manny has haunted the Yankees for so long, they'll overpay to get him for what, the downside of his career?

And we come to the real idiot in all of this, Manny. God gave him quite a talent, the ability to hit a baseball, one of the five best right handed hitters of all time. Notice I said hitters, not fielders (and to think Manny was actually upset he didn't get to play his natural position, right field; could you IMAGINE that train wreck in right field at Fenway, Lord save us).

The jury is still out as to whether Manny ever wanted to play here; he thought the Indians would match the offer of the Red Sox and he'd remain an Indian. Remember when he first came here how unhappy he was, asking if the club house guy in Cleveland could come here, I think at one point he offered to give the money back in order to go back to the Tribe. He's the idiot who signed a contract where the club held the option on the last two years of the deal, only and idiot would do that as he'd be 37 and 38 in the last two years of the contract. Moron. And he isn't happy even if the option was picked up, he wanted the last two years ripped up and new contract given. What's the matter Manny, 160 million isn't good enough for you.

Please Borr******* and Manny, spare us all the buffoonery and just play out this year and sign with the Yankees next year and be done with it.

And please Red Sox front office/ownership, count your millions and millions of dollars worth of profits since you took over the team spare yourself the embarassment of all of this investigation pile of horse**** and move on.

Last edited:
I can only pray that Boras somehow gets banned from baseball forever from this. I hope someone has a tape of the "conversation that never happened". I hate that POS.

The Boston Globe owns the Red Sox. Why would anyone believe info reported about this situation in the Globe?

Half truths are often more deceptive than full blown lies.

Don't people see the conflict of interest here between the Globe and their "anonymous sources close to the situation"?

Red Sox fans, of which I am one, are embarrassing themselves on this.

Theo wanted to treat Manny as a year to year commodity, or he didn't want him around.

Manny felt that a HOF player so historically significant to the franchise should not be treated like that. That the Red Sox should either sign him to a contract and let him finish his career with the team, or they should let him find someplace that wanted him. Not jerk him around year to year like a kid up from the minors.

IMO, he was right.

it's interesting watching Fans working themselves up into an anti-Manny frenzy based on propaganda originating from the team.
give it a rest please :rolleyes::rolleyes:propaganda? give me a break. im not going to waste my time with your stupidity

Manny wasn't dogging it - He had a legitimate case of ScottBorasitis

Now Manny says he wants to sign with the Yankees so he can torture the Red Sox; funny, because the day after he got to LA, he said he wanted to finish his career with the Dodgers.

What a total assclown; million dollar swing, .05 cent head.

Please stay away Cash! I don't want that POS in pinstripes. He's an embarassment to the game of baseball. A HOF player, and clutch performer, but an embarassment. Anyone who doesn't try on purpose, should be black listed.

Good point; you guys have enough dead weight on your team and enough guys on the back nine, why add another.

Hmmmmm, remember back another time when Manny wanted to be traded because he didn't like all the attention he got in Boston, couldn't go out shopping, etc, etc. Now, he wants to go to NY City.

Interesting reading from Jon Heyman

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jon_heyman/08/11/heyman.lucchino/index.html

1) The supposed conversation between Epstein and Boras after the trade dead line, when Manny supposedly wanted to come back and promised to play hard NEVER HAPPENED and Theo is "upset at the unnecessary smearing of Ramirez' name."

2)Manny has never and does NOT want to play in NY

3) Lucchino wanted to keep Manny in Boston.

Last edited:
I would rather have a guy like Jason Bay who isn't HOF but will put up solid numbers, play his hardest every game, and not give the team a bunch of crap than a guy like Manny who is a HOF player, but would have been determined to tank it the rest of the season in Boston, and when he gets traded realizes oh **** I gotta contract on the line here, and I gotta make some money so I will actually play the rest of the season. He will get his money from some stupid team, and then go back to the way he was with us.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back